The Jeep was hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Fix it OEM parts at a quality body shop.

Exactly, and that's what's being done
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Who in their right mind would go for cheap aftermarket alternatives on such a new and nice vehicle? I've seen aftermarket rims not last through more than one or two winter without oxidation or clear peeling off.

Not sure bud
21.gif

Who in their right mind would go for cheap aftermarket alternatives on such a new and nice vehicle? I've seen aftermarket rims not last through more than one or two winter without oxidation or clear peeling off.

Not sure either, if you were referring to my post that site sells used OEM wheels.

http://www.originalwheels.com/

Originally Posted By: JTK
I don't blame you. If I was driving a $90K Jeep, I'd wan't new OEM wheels as well.

thumbsup2.gif
Thanks, most people seem to get that.

I don't blame you. If I was driving a $90K Jeep, I'd wan't new OEM wheels as well.

Here's a 2017 one from Quebec for $60k that I saw the other day with only 6k miles on it.

2017 Jeep

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

Here's a 2017 one from Quebec for $60k that I saw the other day with only 6k miles on it.

2017 Jeep

Yup, they depreciate reasonably quickly, like most luxury vehicles. I paid $64K for mine new, that one has the cheaper seats, dealer cost on it was probably mid 70's, so 60 seems reasonable. Sticker on mine was just a hair under 90, I believe it was $89,500 or thereabouts. So I saved roughly $26K off sticker.

Base price for the SRT is $72K if you build it on jeep.ca.
- Trailer tow package (which that one doesn't have) is $825
- 19-speaker audio (which that one doesn't have) is $1,995
- Signature Leather Package (which that one doesn't have) is $6,995
- Dual panoramic moonroof (which that one does have) is $1,695
- Single Disc remote CD Player is $250
- High Performance brakes are $1,295

It gets up there fast. That puts us at roughly $86K for a new 2018. I don't believe they offer the wheels mine has on it anymore which are sort of a black chrome. I don't see them for 2017 or 2018
21.gif

Yes, I'm familiar with those but the Trackhawk has an msrp of $91k and an advertised selling price of $84k. Not sure about equipment packages on that one.

Trackhawk

Yes, I'm familiar with those but the Trackhawk has an msrp of $91k and an advertised selling price of $84k. Not sure about equipment packages on that one.

Trackhawk

Yup, and the TrackHawk will probably be north of $100K up here unfortunately
frown.gif
I know the one my dealer ordered in for one of the higher ups was $114K dealer cost.

Down here there's one for $101k MSRP with a selling price of $121k. That would be a blast driving and not attract too much attention!
smile.gif

$121k Trackhawk

thumbsup2.gif

I'll hopefully take one out for a boot here shortly. I'll make a thread about it
smile.gif

Update:

Just got back from the body shop. This is what they found with the strut:

We are now up to around $12K according to the shop. I may have it back as soon as tomorrow.

You're not going to have them put an OEM strut on? You can get a Monroe for $60
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude
You're not going to have them put an OEM strut on? You can get a Monroe for $60
lol.gif

OEM strut was part of the reason we are at $12K now, LOL
lol.gif

Not sure either, if you were referring to my post that site sells used OEM wheels.

http://www.originalwheels.com/

I missed that these were used OEM wheels. Still, I would not go for it, if the insurance was footing the bill.

These came from other wrecks and aluminum is an easily cracked metal and I highly doubt these are inspected for internal cracks.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
If Jesus came down and bumped your dent his heavenly studgun would still leave a surface 10x too wiggly to be leveled with an allowable amount of primer but whatever
21.gif

I'm sorry you do not know any truly EXPERT body men.

If you mean a bodyman who can pick-and-file dents out of a modern car where the sheet metal is only a few mils thicker than the final paint finish then, no, I don't! LOL

I'm sorry everyone you have dealt with is a hack.

Originally Posted By: MarkM66
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
If Jesus came down and bumped your dent his heavenly studgun would still leave a surface 10x too wiggly to be leveled with an allowable amount of primer but whatever
21.gif

I'm sorry you do not know any truly EXPERT body men.

If you mean a bodyman who can pick-and-file dents out of a modern car where the sheet metal is only a few mils thicker than the final paint finish then, no, I don't! LOL

Exactly. People that know little to nothing about bodywork always claim that "no filler" was used.

Every high end show car out there has body filler on it. So it'll be just fine for the daily driver at the collision repair shop.

Speak for yourself: there is NO, repeat NO Bondo on my de Ville!

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: CKN
They have lasers on frame straitening equipment.

Not always. Most shops still use an old Chief frame machine, come-alongs and hydraulic rams and measuring with bubble balancers, weights, tape measures, and tram bars.

There are some modern shops with modern frame machines like Car-O-Liners but they cost extreme money and a lot of shops don't upgrade.

My family owned a collision shop from 1959-2005, tape measure and string, never a return customer!

Straightest car I ever saw was a Dodge Spirit, repaired after getting hit by a GMC Top Kick oil truck...the guy that fixed it used a homemade frame and an old Porta-Power. His measuring tools were levels and heavy twine. He got it PERFECT...there was not one single body shim on that car when he was done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back