The Jeep was hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Aw man that sucks... Now the title will have an accident registered against it so it would be worth less if you went to sell it. I hate this about accidents.
frown.gif

Yes, I was thinking about trading it in on the Trackhawk, but now it will be worth less, which makes that far less viable
frown.gif

I hate having a vehicle with an accident in its history, but given the ticket $ on this hit, I may end up just having to keep it. Not that that's unpleasant, it's a beautiful vehicle, I just hate the mental side of a vehicle having been impacted, it's a psychological thing.

Tell me about it.
frown.gif

Sorry it happened. I have the same trauma when this happens to me.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Bummer that the suspension got it. If not for that you would be in an OK place.

When our van was hit, twice in the same place, each job was $6k which included new body panels (liftgate), but no structural damage.

Good luck with getting it all back to normal!

Thanks!

At least the body shop is amazing, I have complete confidence in their work.

That's the key. I had to find a shop that wasn't a referral shill for the major insurance companies. They literally sell themselves to the insurers for referrals in return for guaranteed work. What comes with the deal is adherence to insurers' standards, not OEM.

I personally would call a lawyer, and if there is more of a story to it, i.e. its the police-chiefs relative and they are trying to cover it up, I would be giving a call to my local news station if there is any push-back.

That is called a hit-and-run and that person should be going to jail for it.

If Jesus came down and bumped your dent his heavenly studgun would still leave a surface 10x too wiggly to be leveled with an allowable amount of primer but whatever
21.gif

Originally Posted By: FirstNissan
I personally would call a lawyer, and if there is more of a story to it, i.e. its the police-chiefs relative and they are trying to cover it up, I would be giving a call to my local news station if there is any push-back.

I talked to our lawyer.

Originally Posted By: KGMtech
This happened in Ontario? my guess would be that the perp is a cop or related to cop, or related to someone of significant influence to the police department.

Glad it will all be fine for you, but something's going on here that stinks. Don't tell me here or feel need to share - NOMB.

This is what I'm guessing.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
If Jesus came down and bumped your dent his heavenly studgun would still leave a surface 10x too wiggly to be leveled with an allowable amount of primer but whatever
21.gif

The point is, he avoids using filler whenever possible, unlike some shops which will not touch the material and just fill like crazy, IE "Bondo Bob".

If he DOES have to use filler, I am confident it will be on the best surface possible, that's anti-corrosion coated, and it will be the absolute minimum necessary.

I didn't create this thread to discuss the guy's work, I've already experienced it and have stated, numerous times now, I have complete confidence in his abilities. If you want to argue the merits of body fill, make a new thread please.

Shows up in the vehicle history and has a negative impact on resale.

Could try filing a diminished value claim with the insurance company, if your country/state allows it. Here in the US it's often not easy, but there are third party companies that help gather up evidence and help with paperwork, for a fee, of course.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Could try filing a diminished value claim with the insurance company, if your country/state allows it. Here in the US it's often not easy, but there are third party companies that help gather up evidence and help with paperwork, for a fee, of course.

Not sure how to even start on that?

I’d trade that right after fixed if you wanted to swap already before the reports against vin update.

That is bad damage in terms of suspension and future alignments.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Not sure how to even start on that?

Based on what I've read here, it's probably a no-go, unless you have a hot shot lawyer, maybe.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
I’d trade that right after fixed if you wanted to swap already before the reports against vin update.

Insurance companies and the MTO (Like the DMV) are tied together so it's instant.

Ontario is no-fault so probably no diminished value claim possible...
from 15min of google and reading.

Originally Posted By: madRiver

Unfortunately, my dealer only got the TrackHawk in like last month, so I'd need to wait at least 6 months before I can get a well discounted demo driven by the owner, which is how I got the discount I did on this one.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
21.gif

I'm sorry you do not know any truly EXPERT body men.

I talked to our lawyer.

The car is being fixed by a top-notch repair company. The other driver is not being charged-for whatever reason. I thought we are all adults now and know that life is not fair. You can be upset for a long time-or one can move on.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN

I talked to our lawyer.

The car is being fixed by a top-notch repair company. The other driver is not being charged-for whatever reason. I thought we are all adults now and know that life is not fair. You can be upset for a long time-or one can move on.

Just to be clear, he WAS charged, just not with what one would expect from the scenario.

And yes, after talking to the lawyer, it was best to just move on with life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back