The Jeep was hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Who in their right mind would go for cheap aftermarket alternatives on such a new and nice vehicle? I've seen aftermarket rims not last through more than one or two winter without oxidation or clear peeling off.

There is a yawning chasm between a take-off wheel and a "cheap aftermarket alternative."

Of course, I have seen plenty of OE wheels that didn't make one winter without oxidation and peeling clear!

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Who in their right mind would go for cheap aftermarket alternatives on such a new and nice vehicle? I've seen aftermarket rims not last through more than one or two winter without oxidation or clear peeling off.

There is a yawning chasm between a take-off wheel and a "cheap aftermarket alternative."

Of course, I have seen plenty of OE wheels that didn't make one winter without oxidation and peeling clear!

On a $90k vehicle?

Originally Posted By: dishdude
You're not going to have them put an OEM strut on? You can get a Monroe for $60
lol.gif

That would be an upgrade.
laugh.gif

I've got it back, paint looks perfect, however I've got two issues that it will need to go back in for:

1. Where the rear valance over-wheel trim meets the rear fender over-wheel trim, the alignment isn't perfect (there's a lip).
2. They had to replace the blind spot monitoring sensor behind the rear valance and initially it was definitely not working correctly (seeing a vehicle when there wasn't, not seeing one where there was) but it has now told me there is a sensor error. I'm guessing it isn't aligned right in the clip or something similar.

Will post up pics once I'm satisfied with it. Getting the snows put on it tomorrow.

So things went from minor annoyance to full-on rage-inducing while I was (am) away.

- The Jeep went back up to Ford to have the trim fixed and the sensor fixed
- Ford fixed the trim issue and sent it to the other local Chrysler dealer to have the sensor issue looked at, since they do not have a Chrysler scan tool.
- The other dealer "fixed" the issue, my wife picked it up the following day at Ford.
- My wife got halfway home with the Jeep, same warning for the blindspot assist came up. She called me. I told her to turn around and take it right back. Ford instructed her to take it straight up to the Chrysler dealer that serviced it, since they didn't do their job.

- Chrysler dealer tells my wife they will fix it while she waits. An hour and a half goes by and the mechanic comes out and tells her the diagnostic connector on the vehicle is all screwed up and needs to be replaced. That doesn't sit well with her so she calls me to talk to him. He tells me that the connector is all loose and won't work properly with the scan tool and that the issue was with the Blind Spot monitoring not the parksense. I was like "yeah, that's what it was sent to you for in the first place, the Blind Spot monitoring, that's what the warning was when you got it, there was nothing wrong with the parksense, none of those sensors were replaced". Not a confidence inspiring conversation. I informed him that the OBD port worked just fine before they touched my vehicle, and he replied that it was just fine when they initially did the calibration on the sensor
crazy2.gif

- Now, Ford had ZERO reason to touch the OBD connector, which is why they sent it up the hill in the first place. It was apparently fine when it was sent up the hill, and Ford would never have touched it after the fact, as they were told it was fixed. This means that the damage must have happened at that dealer.

- Upon hearing this on the phone, I called Ford, told them I wanted it to go to my dealer as this wasn't sitting well with me. They were fine with that and sent somebody up to move it down to my dealer.

- I talked to my dealer today. My mechanic buddy there, who I trust like a brother, told me the connector was ripped off the bottom of the dash and the pins are screwed up. The only way I can think of this happening is that somebody had the WiTech pod plugged into it, fat-footed their way into the vehicle, kicking the pod, ripping the connector off the bottom of the dash and subsequently buggering it up. To say I'm angry is to put it extremely mildly. I'll know more tomorrow. I just want to trade it at this point, I'm so PO'd
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I just want to trade it at this point, I'm so PO'd
mad.gif

That sucks man and honestly I don't blame you for wanting to get rid of the vehicle.
It's one thing to have a dealer/mechanic or whomever screw up, but own up, disclose and fix the issue. But it's quite another to cover it up and pretend like it never happened because you will never be sure what else might've been screwed up.

I wish you best of luck and hopefully your trusted mechanic/dealership comes through.

Further update:

My buddy was able to take the busted up connector apart and replace the connector and mounting bracket with the new one without doing anything to the OEM wiring. It is back together, solidly mounted and working properly. That's a huge relief.

The Blind Spot sensor was put in backwards as per his diagnosis, so it is going back to Ford to have that fixed.

Glad it all worked out in the end. After all that you deserve for it to be perfect. Did you see this thread:

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4602595/Re:_The_Jeep_was_hit_2#Post4602595

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
All fixed, have it back now and it seems perfect.

Nice to have that out of the way!

I'm jealous!

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Glad everything worked out. For those of us who love their cars it's a stressful event.

It sure is! And thanks
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back