Tesla 1st world problems thanksgiving

I've heard of tanks being drilled... maybe not in the nicest of places, or during times of desperation like significant weather events, but it happens. Little an owner can do about it. It's never happened to me and petty theft seems far more prevalent.

There's a lot to be said for having designated parking. Apartment complexes, condo's, etc. will surely adjust as demand increases. I could see an encrypted key-over-the-wire standard approaching where the metering and billing is communicated through the charge cord, even.

I have never not even once heard of drilled tanks....

Not saying that it has not happened... I believe it has... But I have never ever heard of it taking place...

Now siphoning gas out of a tank??? Yeah I have heard of that on occasion... But even that was not common place at all.

Cut out exhaust parts... Absolutely...

It used to happen a lot when diesel was nearly $5 a gallon. A diesel truck would likely have over $100 worth of fuel in it. If they didn't defeat the locking cap and siphon they would just drill and drain it. If you live in a bad area you have to worry about stuff like this. Thankfully, i do not, however it has happened many times in my state. (Ogden, i'm looking at you!)

Squeeze a drill trigger in dim lighting and you will see they are far from intrinsically safe.
(even if the tank is poly.)
Drill into a tank with hydrostatic pressure and as the tip breaks through … a nozzle is formed.
Just hope the World Champion with the drill will be the only (process of) elimination

Well 4wd... Of course a tank is not remotely secure.. no doubt. It's not like they are made of tungsten titanium
lol.gif
But I have never once heard of someone having their tanked drilled into...

Exhaust system... Absolutely has happened. .

And I an glad you have now picked up the use of World Champions
lol.gif

It is appropriate.

Originally Posted by SLO_Town
Meanwhile, while running a morning errand in Atascadero, 18 miles from the Madonna Inn shown in the original post, a line of Teslas await a charge on a rainy December 1st morning. By the time that last Tesla gets a charge I'd be 100 miles closer to home with my ICE or Hybrid. At least those Tesla drivers can refuel their bodies at Dennys while they wait. Seeing this makes me want a Chevy Volt.

Scott

I really wish they didn't get rid of the Volt. That's the one that makes the most sense to me.

Looks like the east coast has a crisis all its own at the moment and its going to last longer than a weekend.

Back