Tell me why i should run quaker state over this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would have been slightly more believable had you not used the word “terrible”. You’ll learn.
What I have learned is that nobody asked me to voice my opinion or my experiences with Quaker State. Never again will I make a negative comment about a motor oil.

Another overlooked methodology:

- “Pennzoil” is a reference to Pennsylvania State.
- “Quaker State” is a reference a state known for its Quakers.

Pick which ever one of those states you like better.
I thought Pennsylvania was known for Quakers...

You are comparing Quaker States top of the line full synthetic to Pennzoil's basic full synthetic.

Run whatever you want if you stick to decent intervals but if you are pushing longer intervals go with QS.

Reason why you are paying the same price instead of less for the Pennzoil is because they can tack on the few extra dollars and keep it at $23 like QS just based on the name because just like Mobil 1 you have Pennzoil fan boys who will buy it no matter what the price is so why sell it for $18 when they will still buy it for $23.

What I have learned is that nobody asked me to voice my opinion or my experiences with Quaker State. Never again will I make a negative comment about a motor oil.
Well, the chances of oil causing the issue you described is very, very low. You went straight to the conclusion which most folks here also highly doubt.

If you are interested in other causes, I'm interested to know if you tried a different oil filter as well. that is known to cause knocking. things like that.

Haha I'm going to stick with quaker state in the tundra because I change the oil every 3k-3.8k or every 6 months, or before every drastic temp change/season change. But get this. My tundra is my baby that I love so very much and I baby it and literally just bought a second beater car so I don't have to put city miles on the tundra anymore! My ls400 1994 is my beater! Both uz engines. But get this, my beater car will be using the most expensive oil (mobile 1 extended performance, with fram syn filter).. why you may ask? Because the ls400 I bought has a self tapping oil drain plug in it, and I want to unscrew and reinstall that drain plug as least as possible. So I want to avoid changing it every 3-4k.

I doubt I'll ever be comfortable taking my car over 4k or god forbid 5k miles on syn oil no matter what. I want to use the denso 90915 oil filter but worried that one won't be good after 4k miles. I keep a clean air filter always

Well, the chances of oil causing the issue you described is very, very low. You went straight to the conclusion which most folks here also highly doubt.

If you are interested in other causes, I'm interested to know if you tried a different oil filter as well. that is known to cause knocking. things like that.

I know exactly what the issue was and that's all that matters.

I thought Pennsylvania was known for Quakers...

20F41B7E-56C1-4E76-8699-874023371A54.jpeg

Haha I'm going to stick with quaker state in the tundra because I change the oil every 3k-3.8k or every 6 months, or before every drastic temp change/season change. But get this. My tundra is my baby that I love so very much and I baby it and literally just bought a second beater car so I don't have to put city miles on the tundra anymore! My ls400 1994 is my beater! Both uz engines. But get this, my beater car will be using the most expensive oil (mobile 1 extended performance, with fram syn filter).. why you may ask? Because the ls400 I bought has a self tapping oil drain plug in it, and I want to unscrew and reinstall that drain plug as least as possible. So I want to avoid changing it every 3-4k.

I doubt I'll ever be comfortable taking my car over 4k or god forbid 5k miles on syn oil no matter what. I want to use the denso 90915 oil filter but worried that one won't be good after 4k miles. I keep a clean air filter always

So this whole thread is just a joke?

I run QS all the time my last Tundra had 191k on it my new one has 44k my wife’s 4Runner has over 100k my daughters SantaFe has Quacker State in it as well.. and the next oil changes are still gettin Quacker State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back