Talk me out of an $85,000 SUV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by GenSan
As the title suggests I am seriously considering purchasing a new model Toyota Land Cruiser. (And no I would not consider the Lexus version).
For the money if not more I can have picks at a truly exotic, bonafide sports car instead.

Even though this is an old post, nothing wrong with spending 85,000 on a vehicle, nothing at all, assuming you are paying cash and have no debt.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by 93cruiser
Mark Levinson audio upgrade

I remember their uber high end home stereos from the 80s. They were sweet!!

YES! ...
Everything so generic now and man I miss holding the music in my hand and playing it, whether it was vinyl or a CD.
My first CD player was purchased when all a record store (remember those) had was a small 3 foot display of CDs.
The player was a Phillips Magnavox and it was a top loader and you could watch the CD spin.

I may sound old but very young, digital music format (MP3 ect) is missing the physical feeling of owning the music. Is so disposable and has no value.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by earthbound
and the worlds ugliest front end on an suv as well......

Most of his time with the vehicle will be spent behind the steering wheel. Reminds me of a dog I have. Kind of ugly but loyal, sweet, strong, big and very security minded. Best dog ever.

Foo-foo guys will care about what color sports car they get or the appearance of a grille. While real men will care about what engine and trans it has.

Last edited:
I say, good for you. You have the finances and you need a super reliable vehicle that can handle any weather.

Congrats on the new Lexus.

Originally Posted by alarmguy

Even though this is an old post, nothing wrong with spending 85,000 on a vehicle, nothing at all, assuming you are paying cash and have no debt.

Nothing wrong at all buying an expensive vehicle if your a doctor, dentist, ect. They have solid job security and earnings potential. If they have debt or not or pay cash or not doesn't matter at all. Odds are a doctor level professional can get a great interest rate on a car and put cash towards higher rate debt, student loans, practice loans, home loans, ect.

The person employed with limited earnings potential and limited future job security is the person who should stick to the "cash only" mantra.

Nobody needs to be that doctor driving a 1989 Ford Fiesta everyday just to save money.

LX570 was delivered last thursday. What a beast! Coming up on 1,000 miles already and I received it with 16 miles. I have been driving Toyotas for the past 2 decades and I am so far pleased with the extra perks that Lexus offers vs Toyota. I live nearly 2 hours from the Lexus dealer and they sent a driver to pick me up to receive delivery of the LX570. And having spoken with the service advisor, they will pick up vehicle and leave a loner at my location if I need be. Here's a pic I snapped when I received it.

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back