Sweet vintage Chevy truck but is it worth $45k?

I saw this sweet truck for sale, but it feels like the asking price might be just a touch high?

Square Body.jpg

It seems this truck has had 3 owners, so you might want to ask this person if they have done all of the work on this car.

Now if this Truck had an LS7 that puts out 505 Horsepower or so, might take a look at it. Now if it had a ZZ632 that puts out 1005 Horsepower or so, 45K is worth it. You need to make sure this guy is not a Flipper! Since he is the 3rd Owner, ask to speak with the second owner and verify what he paid for the car.

I have seen and heard of potential buyers getting so called Appraisers to go over the vehicle to give an honest opinion on what a car is worth. This truck has a 350 Badge on it, who put in the 383, you need to ask a lot of questions, and if you do not get any answers, move on.

Ad says, Paint is not perfect, but to me it looks like a recent $10K paint job. Not even a scratch in the bed. Hard to appraise from a FB ad, and while it might not be a $45K truck, it's at least $30K on the east coast.

You need to make sure this guy is not a Flipper! Since he is the 3rd Owner, ask to speak with the second owner and verify what he paid for the car.

Err, why? I'd consider that none of my business. The truck is either worth the asking price to me, or it isn't. What someone else paid isn't my concern.

Nice truck, the person put a lot of TLC and $$$$ into it.

I would not pay $45K for it but others might.

Err, why? I'd consider that none of my business. The truck is either worth the asking price to me, or it isn't. What someone else paid isn't my concern.
HAHA, sounds like the typical Facebook buyer who offers 50% or less, of your asking price. How dare you profit from a car you're selling me.

My co-worker at our vintage repair garage just put up the show-off squarebody truck that is mint inside and out with killer paint.
It's a breathed on 400sbc with long tubes and full out-the-back exhaust, THM 400, and we just put a fresh ford 9 in it with somewhat steeper gears last spring.

I don't recall the ad price but I think he will take around 30k.

Legendary in Rowley, Ma is marketing it.

just looked - they dont have the photos up yet.

While asking might seem a little high, it would not surprise me to learn that when you add up the actual expenses involved in building this thing you'd come pretty close to 45K or maybe more.
You'd have to start with a good, straight, so premium priced original and spend from there.
Used to be that trucks were the poor man's special interest vehicle. Apparently not so much these days.

I don't have FB account but that's at least 10K too high even in the N.E market where rust free is almost non-existant.
And things are cooling off a bit. And they may not look as good but a mid-ninties drives better - just drop in drivetrain of choice. LS motors are everywhere and cheap if that is your thing. I would just prefer a mild 350 and a 5 speed. I like a big low-end torque hit in a truck - not all the power above 4 grand.

Why not look on eBay and see what similar vehicles are being asked for, and what auction prices have ended at?

It's only worth what some sap is willing to pay.
^^That's for sure but it doesn't necessarily need to be a sap. Someone might pay a premium for a "sister" vehicle. IOW, some guy might already own a blue one....or a local business might need it for "neighborhood pizzaz".
A restaurant near me has a Ford Model A wagon with the restaurant's name etc. on it and he parks it around...cool.

If it doesn't sell, the price will go down.

I'm not in the market but I think it's a tad overpriced.

Price depends on what one is willing to pay.

Most people who would criticize don’t have the money or don’t know anything about the model.

Back