Wow. I thought these rusted away.

My dad had a 74 green Vega GT with a small block stuffed in it. That thing had cherry bombs and sat about 1 inch off the ground. I remember he had a hard time keeping it cool and called it 'dangerous fast'. He sold it after it blew a head gasket. He had to avoid a town here near Chattanooga...Red Bank...they kept pulling him over for being 'too loud.'

Here is a snapshot...

1690202023076.jpg

Funny I just saw a very "perfect" SBC conversion last week. It was a 71-72 wagon - well at least that is what it started as and had the much cooler grill. The engine was very built and the suspension was professionally custom. Pretty sure he said it was "wicked fast"! Hahahhaha I mean it was light body, all engine, suspension and transmission.

I saw an 80's Volvo 245 wagon yesterday, with severe rust....I thought in PA one couldn't have perforation and pass the safety inspection.

It dawned on me, today, we junk vehicles which actually have zero perforation on the body....makes me wonder what's different today, vs. 1980, for rust prevention....

p.s. a hs buddy had a Vega but no clue what engine, even then nobody liked it :ROFLMAO:

From the family Kodachrome library, I present my dad in the 1970s. The older blue vega was for sale thanks to being replaced with the sexy red one.

What gets me is the awkward oval shape of the windshield-- it doesn't match any other line on the car. Seems like GM got a deal on them and stuck with them for the entire model run.

The red one would have been around a 1976, and still came with bias ply tires... what a price leader!

Attachments

• 1976-dad-cars.jpeg
    1976-dad-cars.jpeg
    222.1 KB · Views: 99
Seller is on a fishing expedition. No details, 5 pictures when FB lets you add 20, no shots of the interior, trunk, underhood. And what's the line about, if you are serious call this number.4 two 3-3six two one824 Why can't he write his number like a normal person?

From the family Kodachrome library, I present my dad in the 1970s. The older blue vega was for sale thanks to being replaced with the sexy red one.

What gets me is the awkward oval shape of the windshield-- it doesn't match any other line on the car. Seems like GM got a deal on them and stuck with them for the entire model run.

The red one would have been around a 1976, and still came with bias ply tires... what a price leader!
My friend's was that blue color like yours was...that added to the banter...

My dad had a 74 green Vega GT with a small block stuffed in it. That thing had cherry bombs and sat about 1 inch off the ground. I remember he had a hard time keeping it cool and called it 'dangerous fast'. He sold it after it blew a head gasket. He had to avoid a town here near Chattanooga...Red Bank...they kept pulling him over for being 'too loud.'

Here is a snapshot...

View attachment 168663
A lot of them did rust away, but GM made a lot of them......there are bound to be a few survivors here and there. No salty roads in Georgia....LOL.

Seller is on a fishing expedition. No details, 5 pictures when FB lets you add 20, no shots of the interior, trunk, underhood. And what's the line about, if you are serious call this number.4 two 3-3six two one824 Why can't he write his number like a normal person?
Because FB will auto-edit that out to nothing.

That blue looks to be the same blue, or really really close, to the blue that my dads race Vega was.

I knew it was a GM color, but I didn't know it was a Vega color.

Last weekend I was at the Syracuse Nationals - large (for this area ) regional car show.

There was a Chevy Vega club there. I have never seen one in person before. Surprised at how many there were. 2 had the standard issue overhead cam engine and the rest were Cosworth engines. Very cool to see the cosworth engines with fuel injection! Well, one was converted to carburetor.

Because Facebook will redact it.....

What do you mean redact? And why put your number in the ad in the first place? You communicate by Messenger.
Perhaps you can check Google or another online dictionary?

And some people don't like to use Facebook Messager, it is a separate app you have to install if you're using your mobile device. I'm not one of those people who mind installing another app, I probably have 100+ beyond what the phone came with, but some people are just that way for various reasons. They maybe don't want another app, have an old phone that can't handle another app, don't want spam messages on that other app, etc, etc.

Some people do the same thing on Craigslist postings because they don't want to bother checking their emails.

Different strokes for different folks, not so hard to understand. It's not what I would do, but then again I'm not about to lose any sleep over it or call out a post as fake on BITOG just because someone did it differently than I would.

That car didn't cost that much new, and I wouldn't call it a sort after classic either.

That car didn't cost that much new, and I wouldn't call it a sort after classic either.
Has ok paint and can fit a small block or an LS. Don't see any rust along the rocker panels. Already stick if that's your jam, maybe trans will even bolt up to small block. Maybe try to talk them down to $3000? I'd buy it if my wife would let me have a weekend car, lol.

Has ok paint and can fit a small block or an LS. Don't see any rust along the rocker panels. Already stick if that's your jam, maybe trans will even bolt up to small block. Maybe try to talk them down to $3000? I'd buy it if my wife would let me have a weekend car, lol.
If that's what you're into, then by all means go for it. They were never a favorite of mine growing up and I saw quite a few at the track back in the day.

Back