If this ad is legit, How much would this 1986 Cutlass really be worth?

"I bought it from a widow of the original ownerThe car is in a perfect condition everything works as it should be it has new tires new suspension original miles.73,000 this car has been graged all it entire life very occasional drive.I have the the original paperwork that states the wedow the original owner's wife.The AC needs a Freon."

417056257_6227264994042504_52549404555576066_n.jpg417108849_5349251728532026_3992844927624986890_n.jpg417190149_7064318480281683_439621321261816745_n.jpg417270438_7060067987407460_1004643916132732793_n.jpg417280956_7080329655388368_8783198440965906007_n.jpg

Attachments

• 415537384_25206379558960401_7163802920801150306_n.jpg
    415537384_25206379558960401_7163802920801150306_n.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 145
Super clean, looks like a time capsule from the past. Might not be a "good" car but it has been well taken care of. And I suspect those models are going to appreciate now.

I wouldn't pay that price, but these days, I wouldn't be surprised if someone did. If nothing else, good bones to do a motor swap and have something rather comfy to cruise in.

That car is worth whatever You want to pay.
It's not a collectable (yet) and when it becomes a collectable, it'll never be worth "much". A car like that would be worth 10k Canadian to me and 0k to my wife. If I lived in Vancouver or LA, I 'd buy it and rent it to movie production companies.
The good news is, if you buy it because you want it and not as an investment, you'll never lose money on the deal.

Btw, my buddy's father bought the exact same car in 1985. He replaced his "classic" '69 Olds with it. He said he wanted to, "replace one classic car with another". :D

Yeah, I know it's not 'sought after', I just thought it was still cool. I mean it's all original, down to the bones.
I agree, and actually that almost makes it more cool. I mean, as I get older, the more I appreciate the boring rides, the comfy ones--and the blast back to the past.

Certainly more fun to trip over ads like this when used car shopping than clapped out deathtraps.

^^^ This ^^^

Additionally, to me it looks like it's riding higher than stock. As if someone replaced the springs or added air shocks.

These pics were not taken recently either. As far as I know right now, it should be snowing in MN. :)

^^^ This ^^^

Additionally, to me it looks like it's riding higher than stock. As if someone replaced the springs or added air shocks.

These pics were not taken recently either. As far as I know right now, it should be snowing in MN. :)
The seller is from Texas. If you look closely at the pics you'll see background cars in driveways with texas tags. It is also stated the suspension has had work done. I asked him for pics.

Edit: his reply: "
"It's kind of cold but I Will get you some pictures and videos undercarriage
Basically, this car was garage all her life driven in the summer"

The seller is from Texas. If you look closely at the pics you'll see background cars in driveways with texas tags. It is also stated the suspension has had work done. I asked him for pics.

Edit: his reply: "
"It's kind of cold but I Will get you some pictures and videos undercarriage
Basically, this car was garage all her life driven in the summer"
Texas seller bought car from Minn owner per the ad.

kind of off topic but makes me wonder who back in '86 would have preferred this rear drive Cutlas to the front drive Cutlas Ciera A- body platform. The front driver with a 6cyl would have been a much better handling car. I drove many Malibu Classics of this ear and those things were pigs...and I HATED the non opening rear windows...just that little vent window in back..

Back on topic - Minnesota cars that aren't driven in the winter can be great! No rust and not destroyed by sun damage. Similar to finding old motorcycles from northern states. Nicer shape cuz they're put away part of the year.

Seek Oldsmobile club members for input.
Are you saying the rear windows don't open at all?
Sure looks like a window switch in the 6th photo.

If I was going to take the plunge on a relic, American tank nearing 40 years old, I think the RWD might be preferrable.

Seek Oldsmobile club members for input.
Are you saying the rear windows don't open at all?
Sure looks like a window switch in the 6th photo.

If I was going to take the plunge on a relic, American tank nearing 40 years old, I think the RWD might be preferrable.
The power window switch runs the little triangle vent window. It was how they downsized this car in the late 70s while maintaining hip room... very thin door can't accept a window regulator.

That car would be worth 8-10k here. There are a LOT of fans of anything RWD and carbureted. The little details like intact fiberglass bumper gap-filler panels being there and correct really turn this from a 8 to a 9. Needs AC for 10. Guy screwed up putting BW Kumhos on instead of whitewalls though.

What engine and trans would it have?

If the vehicle was run at evenly distributed intervals throughout its life, it could be 'turnkey'.
Or this car could leak like a sieve if driven daily.

What engine and trans would it have?

If the vehicle was run at evenly distributed intervals throughout its life, it could be 'turnkey'.
Or this car could leak like a sieve if driven daily.

Prob GM 305/7 and a 3 speed. The ring around the D could be 4th or 3rd locked up converter.

A 3.8 would be cool. It's never going to be fast (stock at least), so it might as well run cheap.

This is a time warp car that is probably worth the asking for someone who'd like one.
The asking is negotiable and one could probably buy the car for less.
I had three Malibus of this generation of A body as company cars and these are actually quite pleasant to drive, not that anyone would buy this as a daily driver.
For someone who fancies one of these rather baroque looking critters, why not make an offer?

almost one of my dream cars... just too many doors...
Grandpa was an Olds Guy. my entire life he had 2 cars... a 77 Olds 98 (400ci), and the 87 Olds 98 that became MY first car when he died...
from the time I was...4...until nearly the time i could drive, my parents had a Delta 88.. end of the 8th gen RWD B- bodies with the 307... in about that Color.
around my more Formative Elementary school years my brother had a 79 Grand Prix. (2 tone BROWN) in retrospect probably a total Turd, but little me Loved that car...
and was heart broken when someone stole it from him....RIP Beautiful ****box...
mix those 3 elements together, Most of my Adult life, I have wanted a G-body Olds Coupe.

It was built during the malaise era. And wasn't that good of a car even when new. And it's not even a desirable configuration.
Sure, it is a survivor, if not rusted out underneath but I wouldn't touch it at any price. it's 38 years old and likely to be a money pit even though it has relatively low miles.

Back