Soliciting thoughts- 2019 DRW F350 stolen (salvage but clear title)

Thanks Gents-

The Seller was on Facebook in Pleasenton, TX. The price was very right at $450. I have seen these rear seats listed at the crazy high price (still are) of $4900.

There should be little to no market for rear seats. I am caught very surprised the premium being asked for King Ranch rear seats.

The Seller in Pleasanton has yet to respond to my request to purchase at full list price.......

Thanks Gents-

The Seller was on Facebook in Pleasenton, TX. The price was very right at $450. I have seen these rear seats listed at the crazy high price (still are) of $4900.

There should be little to no market for rear seats. I am caught very surprised the premium being asked for King Ranch rear seats.

The Seller in Pleasanton has yet to respond to my request to purchase at full list price.......
How much are new ones from Ford?

$450 sounds too cheap, $4900 sounds crazy high.

Good question- maybe I should look into new, I was assuming new would be crazy high.

It looks as though the seat hardware is the same if it's a King Ranch or not. Only real difference is the seat covers. If you could find a donor seat of a non King Ranch, and just get the covers from Ford.

Thanks Gents-

You may be buying the original seats back...

Temporarily installed the satellite and GPS sharkskin antenna. Both SIRIUS and GPS now working. I don't like the way the sharkskin antenna is mounting on the cab, I see no bends but have some research to do. It may be as simple as bolting the antenna down as the factory did, I am not sure the the theifs didn't damage the bolt mount though, like they did the am/fm antenna mount. The good news is (1) they didn't cut the satellite radio and gps connectors, so that was plug and play, (2) the headliner was easy to lower- there was a very helpful video on youtube that shows how to do it.

Two of the five cab lights were broken. One they broke the connector. I have a new cab lite harness on order, but I may keep the harnesses that is installed and soldier in a replacement connector. I won't put the headliner in and permanent mount the sharkfin antenna until the cab lights are installed.

The replacement windshield wiper mechanical assembly arrived. When removing the old assembly, I notices the cowl was weather. Ordered a replacement cowl- $260, ouch- but think it is the right thing to do. Also ordered chrome covered for the outside mirrors. Ford sells these for about $150. Later research shows the manufacture sells these exact covers under their name on rockauto for $108. I also need a left mirror turn signal light, another $140. These little things sure add up.

The Seller of the back seat in Pleasanton TX won't work with me. They refused paypal, venmo, and overnight envelope of cash for the king ranch rear seat. I understand their position, I likely would have acted like them. Not happy about this as the rear seats have been hard to come by, those being offered are about five times higher than what I think fair market is.

I start traveling for work OCONUS this weekend, so the truck may be taking a back seat for many months. I will re tape up the openings in the roof fro the cab lights and satellite antenna, but outside of that I feel good about letting the truck sit and here condition. if I needed to drive to Florida today, full confidence she is ready less a air filter being installed, the filter arrived but I didn't get to it.
PXL_20230712_175113218.jpg
PXL_20230712_175126082.jpg
PXL_20230712_175241272.jpg
PXL_20230712_175129236.jpg
PXL_20230712_175318265.jpg
PXL_20230712_175255570.jpg

Last edited:
You would think Ford could mount that shark fin antenna where it would blend in rather than look like a carbuncle on the roof?

It doesn’t even look like a shark fin.

You would think Ford could mount that shark fin antenna where it would blend in rather than look like a carbuncle on the roof?

It doesn’t even look like a shark fin.
They are not the only one's that mount it that way-or even isn't the body color.

I think the stock antenna is more of a puck. There’s a lot of parts carryover in the f series. Your interior has a lot in common with my ‘18 150. I’ll bet the antennas are the same. Same stereo, same sync 3. It would not surprise me if 150/250/350 seats are the same. Consider buying 150 seats and then adjusting the upholstery if needed.

I recently replaced the butt cushion in mine; iirc it was the same p/n for all 3…

There’s a lot of parts carryover in the f series. Your interior has a lot in common with my ‘18 150. …
The 2015-2020 f150 is the same cabin as the 2017-2022 f250/350/450 so most of the parts associated with the cabin are either the same or interchangeable. Some guys even swap the console shifters from f150s into the superdutys(no idea why but it’s there truck so I don’t care)

The 2015-2020 f150 is the same cabin as the 2017-2022 f250/350/450 so most of the parts associated with the cabin are either the same or interchangeable. Some guys even swap the console shifters from f150s into the superdutys(no idea why but it’s there truck so I don’t care)
@GON - that information is gold. Does that help?

I think the stock antenna is more of a puck. There’s a lot of parts carryover in the f series. Your interior has a lot in common with my ‘18 150. I’ll bet the antennas are the same. Same stereo, same sync 3. It would not surprise me if 150/250/350 seats are the same. Consider buying 150 seats and then adjusting the upholstery if needed.

I recently replaced the butt cushion in mine; iirc it was the same p/n for all 3…
I have seen a lot of adds showing F150/250/350 seats in the listing. But when I ask for validation, the Sellers provide zero confidence. When one searches the Ford boards, no easy threads to verify the seamless interoperability.

Like you, I think the seats are very close if not 100 percent the same. But if just very close- that ends up being a issue.

I person in Alvin, TX has a business selling Ford truck seats. He is adamite that 2017-2019 super duty seats are not interchangeable with 2020-2022 Super Duty seats. Yet 99 percent of the ads for these seats list the seats for sale from MY 2017 through MY 2022.

Yes, I have seen the conversion of Super Duty auto transmission shifter going from the steering column to floor shifters using a F150 center console. I don't get it- but glad they were successful modifying their truck to what they wanted.

@GON - that information is gold. Does that help?
It is great and helpful information, but I have found more than a handful of parts that don't seamlessly work between the 2017-2019 Super Dutys and the 2020-2022 Super Dutys. Seat electronics, wiring harnesses, front bumper, front headlamps, grill are just a small sample of parts that don't seamlessly interchange. One part that does seamless interchange is the rear bumper.

Gents- a few supplemental updates.

Have the carfax on the truck. One owner, Ford dealer maintained. 53k miles. Owner was from Sweeny TX, first name was David.

Not enough miles to match well for being a hotshot. Truck was last serviced (oil and filter) at Yaklin Ford, Richwood TX on 2 NOV 2022. Truck was reported stolen on 15 DEC 2022. I don't have a recovery date but I sense it as in APR/MAY 2023. Total miles driven from the last oil change to recovery was about 3,500 miles- so not a candidate for the thief using the truck as "hotshot" Truck was also "safety checked" annually in Sweeny, TX. No information points that this truck was used for commercial use.

And for note- I did win the auction. Something i am not sure I am thrilled with. This is a clear/ cleaned titled vehicle. So the Seller, Texas Farm Bureau insurance did not deem the truck a total loss. Yet, the reserve on the truck was low. I will tenatively fly out this Thursday to retrieve the truck. I also bought a flight home Friday night, in case I can't get the truck road worthy.
Hope this project goes well. It's definitely interesting.

Reactions: GON
Picked up rear seats. They are black leather, $275 from a local dismantler. The seats are heavier, bulkier, and more akward to move than I expected.

With the rear King Ranch seats currently in very high demand, I am simply going to purchase excellent quality front and rear seat covers. Like this COA, as it will preserve the seats. I will suspend my search for KR rear seats- but will purchase the KR rear seats if I happen to come across them.

PXL_20230713_163921733.jpg

Came across another stolen DRW super duty from the same area, with many of the same conditions:

beat up body
removed rear seat
gps/ satellite antenna gone

Back