Soliciting thoughts- 2019 DRW F350 stolen (salvage but clear title)

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Soliciting thoughts on this 2019 DRW F350. Truck reported as stolen. Title still appears clear- awaiting the carfax. Interior was stripped, and I suspect no less than $7,500 for a replacement King Ranch interior. Truck does not state it starts or runs.

On a side note- the truck was listed for sale at Griffith Ford San Marcos, new in 2019 for $72,179. This truck with 60k miles, is shwoing a below market value of $51,425, average market value of $62,328, and a above market value of $73,230. Wow, how the shortage of trucks and the change in the value of the USD have impacted the price of used trucks- still.

36035290_1_I.jpeg
36035290_2_I.jpeg
36035290_3_I.jpeg
36035290_4_I.jpeg
36035290_5_I.jpeg
36035290_6_I.jpeg
36035290_7_I.jpeg
36035290_8_I.jpeg
36035290_12_I.jpeg
36035290_13_I.jpeg

Doesn't run? Not actual miles? Could be 300K+ There is this 2020 Dodge 3500 4x4 crew with 342k running tomorrow. Just missing the bed. Probably $18-20K.

View attachment 160962
The pics show the 2019 has 53k miles. A carfax may help validate what the dash states (to make sure it is not trip mileage being displayed). Don't think a 2020 Dodge with 342k miles is a good comparison with a 2019 F250 with 53k miles. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Just a quick update- decided to bid, my pre bid is $17250. I don't expect my pre-bid to hold tomorrow morning, and will definitely not hold for the live auction.

That is where the actual mileage is in that display so that’s probably correct, won’t be trip mileage or something like that.

As for the truck itself… I love a good salvage find and “rescue” but idk about this one man. As someone who owns a 2020 high trim level F350 I would run from this myself, I would rather take on a flood car. Every picture I’ll I’m seeing is a lot of money getting spent lol

If you can get a smoking deal, I know you're up for the challenge. Looks like other than the interior you're going to definitely spend some money replacing the bumper and bed (not sure if they repair these aluminum bodies or just replace the entire panels etc). Tail lights probably pretty pricey.

Kind of hard to tell what's going on the front, was it hit? Part of it doesn't look too bad but then you can tell the brush guard is bent backwards/hood looks strange.

That is where the actual mileage is in that display so that’s probably correct, won’t be trip mileage or something like that.

As for the truck itself… I love a good salvage find and “rescue” but idk about this one man. As someone who owns a 2020 high trim level F350 I would run from this myself, I would rather take on a flood car. Every picture I’ll I’m seeing is a lot of money getting spent lol
I thought the same thing looking at the pictures.

Doesn't run? Not actual miles? Could be 300K+ There is this 2020 Dodge 3500 4x4 crew with 342k running tomorrow. Just missing the bed. Probably $18-20K.

View attachment 160962
Looks like a "Hot Shot" truck with the rear fenders and no bed. Probably used to pull a goose neck trailer or campers for it's life and 90%+ highway miles.

Just my $0.02

Gents- a few supplemental updates.

Have the carfax on the truck. One owner, Ford dealer maintained. 53k miles. Owner was from Sweeny TX, first name was David.

Not enough miles to match well for being a hotshot. Truck was last serviced (oil and filter) at Yaklin Ford, Richwood TX on 2 NOV 2022. Truck was reported stolen on 15 DEC 2022. I don't have a recovery date but I sense it as in APR/MAY 2023. Total miles driven from the last oil change to recovery was about 3,500 miles- so not a candidate for the thief using the truck as "hotshot" Truck was also "safety checked" annually in Sweeny, TX. No information points that this truck was used for commercial use.

And for note- I did win the auction. Something i am not sure I am thrilled with. This is a clear/ cleaned titled vehicle. So the Seller, Texas Farm Bureau insurance did not deem the truck a total loss. Yet, the reserve on the truck was low. I will tenatively fly out this Thursday to retrieve the truck. I also bought a flight home Friday night, in case I can't get the truck road worthy.

If you can get a smoking deal, I know you're up for the challenge. Looks like other than the interior you're going to definitely spend some money replacing the bumper and bed (not sure if they repair these aluminum bodies or just replace the entire panels etc). Tail lights probably pretty pricey.

Kind of hard to tell what's going on the front, was it hit? Part of it doesn't look too bad but then you can tell the brush guard is bent backwards/hood looks strange.
What bothers me most is the picture of the right side doors, they are not flush with the cab. I have blown up the pics and can't figure it out. Wild guess is doors were removed, and were not sold, and when the vehicle was recovered the doors were put back on the cab in a hasty manner. But just a wild dupa guess.

What bothers me most is the picture of the right side doors, they are not flush with the cab. I have blown up the pics and can't figure it out. Wild guess is doors were removed, and were not sold, and when the vehicle was recovered the doors were put back on the cab in a hasty manner. But just a wild dupa guess.
This sounds the beginning of another GON adventure story. (y)

Have the carfax on the truck. One owner, Ford dealer maintained. 53k miles.
First thing I would do is call the auction and try and convince them it's the actual miles and to not to check off the NOT ACTUAL MILEAGE box on the title. The clerk just goes by the auction sheet and if it says miles unknown, she will check the box.

Second thing I would do is pull off that ugly grille guard.

First thing I would do is call the auction and try and convince them it's the actual miles and to not to check off the NOT ACTUAL MILEAGE box on the title. The clerk just goes by the auction sheet and if it says miles unknown, she will check the box.

It was the insurance company that marked not original miles, and it states it on the title. The auction housw as able to send me a copy of the title (very rare to get any cooperation- I was surprised). Mileage shows 60,000 on the title, just was a insurance adjuster that was likely unable to get the exact mileage, so he may have estimated, and estimated 7,500 to many miles. Tiltle also told me the original owners full name and his town. His home town aligns with the Texas annual inspection location.

Agree on the cattle guard. But before I start doing body work, I am hopeful this baby runs........

I thought that most truck owners love ugly grill guards? They sure install a lot of them. Every Mall-Crawler truck in this area has a pair of those plate steel bumpers that look like they were made to to go on an M-1 tank and huge battering-ram grill guard.

This sounds the beginning of another GON adventure story. (y)
We will see. I broke a lot of my own "rules" on this one. What I liked was the clear title, Texas its whole life, one owner, dealer maintained, and lower miles.

I just had a heart attack when I looked at the wholesale aftermarket cost for the left rear tailight. If this truck has blind spot monitor, the left tailight is $950 USD. OUCH.....

So you're going to put 7,500 miles on it yourself to get it to match the paperwork?
That is a great question, one I am debating. Put 60,100 on the new title, or 53,321 on the new title and have carfax shoot up star clusters as a "mileage rollback".

Back