SN Plus GDI Turbo Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I commented in the other thread that you can now find the regular Castrol Edge 5W-30 with ACEA A5/B5 at Walmart etc. It was probably added recently since 3 months ago i didn't notice it. If you want something different, PP and M1 also show A5 on the label.

Does anyone know of a 5w30, 5w40 or 10w40 oil that meets the A5 spec? or any oil that meets A5 spec? Ive found a few listing A1/B1. Is A1/B1 better than A5 or has A5 replaced A1? My manual specs A5 only for the Turbo. Makes no sense they would spec this for a 2018 when the oil is hard to find. Thank You

Last edited:
thumbsup2.gif

Made the trip to WalMart yesterday..found Castrol Edge 5w30 A5/B5. It actually says on front of bottle GDI TURBO FORMULA. Still don't understand why the Hyundai dealer does not stock or install during oil change A5 spec oil since Hyundai and Kia both call for it in Turbos.

Originally Posted By: ThumperRidgeline
Made the trip to WalMart yesterday..found Castrol Edge 5w30 A5/B5. It actually says on front of bottle GDI TURBO FORMULA. Still don't understand why the Hyundai dealer does not stock or install during oil change A5 spec oil since Hyundai and Kia both call for it in Turbos.

I was at WM yesterday and found Castrol EDGE d1g2, API SN+, however, it was still ACEA A1/B1. Did the one you saw actually list A5/B5?

Yup, all their jugs at the Walmart near me show A5/B5 in 5w30.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wemay
Yup, all their jugs at the Walmart near me show A5/B5 in 5w30.

Very nice. Probably just older stock I was looking at.

It's funny, every time I browse the oil section at Walmart, Mobil 1 is almost always near to being sold out. Can't say the same for Castrol and the other guys (PZ, VVL)... they seem to be much slower moving.

I guess it's a regional thing. In my area Valvoline is almost always empty, followed by Mobil1 then Castrol. But Mobil1 has much more shelf space allotted in all fairness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back