SN Plus GDI Turbo Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
SN Plus is meant for GDI Turbo Oils. Are there any effects since I am using Pennzoil Euro 5w40? And have three 4 litre bottles.

Is the upgrade necessary?

Originally Posted By: JennyPenny90
SN Plus is meant for GDI Turbo Oils. Are there any effects since I am using Pennzoil Euro 5w40? And have three 4 litre bottles.

I just switched from the old formula Pennzoil Ultra Platnium to the new formula with SN PLUS for my 2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport TGDI at 2 weeks ago. I really felt the difference.

Originally Posted By: JennyPenny90

I believe PennPlatEuro is either dexos2 C3 (5w30) or CF, A3/B3, A3/B4 for the 5w40. In either case, you'll be just fine.

Originally Posted By: nap
Didn't ACEA drop A1/B1 on December 1, 2017?

I was on a different web site (oilspecifications.org) to figure out what the heck a5/b5 is ... and it said a1/b1 is "removed"
However I recently bought PP and M1 EP and if I recall correctly both had a1/b1! Maybe leftover oil from last year!

Originally Posted By: OilUzer
Originally Posted By: nap
Didn't ACEA drop A1/B1 on December 1, 2017?

I was on a different web site (oilspecifications.org) to figure out what the heck a5/b5 is ... and it said a1/b1 is "removed"
However I recently bought PP and M1 EP and if I recall correctly both had a1/b1! Maybe leftover oil from last year!

I have been keeping an eye out for M1 0W30 AFE with the dexos1 Gen 2 label and have not seen it nearly a year after dexos1 was made obsolete by GM.
IDK if the packaging is just old or XOM just hasn't updated their label even though they are "supposed to".

Originally Posted By: CT8
If all the oils meet the specs which one is better?

In a previous conversation based on this logic it was concluded that SuperTech is inferior to none.

Whichever one gives you warm and fuzzies.

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010

(I hope someone understands)

Of course...
'What do you get when you multiply six by nine?'

Originally Posted By: rojeda562
Has anyone seen Valvoline Syn Power SN Plus 5W-30 in particular. I'm trying to find it but haven't had luck. It's supposedly available.

Sure. But it’s no longer labeled “Synpower”. That name has been put out to pasture and replaced by the imaginative “Full Synthetic”. It also comes in a “High Mileage”f flavor.

Yes I have used both Valvoline Syn Power and Also Valvoline Full Synthetic Max Life. I'll keep a look out for the SN Plus Valvoline Full Synthetic.

So has SN Plus replaced ACEA A5? My 2018 Santa Fe 2.0 GDI Turbo manual specifically states minimum 5w30 A5. Did A5 replace A1, I thought A1 went away December 2017. Does anyone know who makes a 5w30 A5 oil?? Castrol I hope...The Hyundai dealer only has 5w20 SN

Originally Posted By: ThumperRidgeline
So has SN Plus replaced ACEA A5? My 2018 Santa Fe 2.0 GDI Turbo manual specifically states minimum 5w30 A5. Did A5 replace A1, I thought A1 went away December 2017. Does anyone know who makes a 5w30 A5 oil?? Castrol I hope...The Hyundai dealer only has 5w20 SN

Also in your manual is the recommendation to use Quaker State. Well, QS has no oil currently meeting A5. I find it difficult to believe they can jam you for using a synthetic not meeting that spec. It also says A5/B5 'or above'. Does this mean the average consumer will see A1/B1 on a jug and consider this 'above'? Why would the average consumer think otherwise. I have that same engine but with a bit more hp (265). My 2013 manual lists SM/ILSAC GF-4 with an aside to A5. I have over 105K miles and have used mostly Valvoline and Mobil1 Syn when neither was A5. Hyundai only allows 5K mile OCI. I hardly think that meets A5s long drain verbiage.

https://www.oilspecifications.org/acea.php
Quote:
ACEA A5/B5 Stable, stay-in-grade Engine Oil intended for use at extended Drain Intervals in Passenger Car & Light Duty Van Gasoline & Diesel Engines designed to be capable of using Low Viscosity Oils with HTHS Viscosity of 2.9 to 3.5 mPa*s. These Oils are unsuitable for use in certain Engines - consult vehicle-OEM’s owner’s manual/handbook in case of doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back