SIG P365

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Is this your Jeep? If so, give me year and model, I'll go up to my dealer, find one the exact same vintage and model and photograph the bloody rotor. This is getting retarded.

THAT IS RETARDED. But here ya' go. Knock yourself out. 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited, 5.7 V-8 Towing Package. Remember the HEMI Grand Cherokee's have larger calipers. So don't waste your time eyeballing a V-6. Which 95% of the Limited's are.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Is this your Jeep? If so, give me year and model, I'll go up to my dealer, find one the exact same vintage and model and photograph the bloody rotor. This is getting retarded.

THAT IS RETARDED. But here ya' go. Knock yourself out. 2015 Grand Cherokee Limited, 5.7 V-8 Towing Package. Remember the HEMI Grand Cherokee's have larger calipers. So don't waste your time eyeballing a V-6. Which 95% of the Limited's are.

You are talking to a guy that has the even larger Brembo's, yes, I'm aware.

Very fine looking Jeep there on the firearms forum.
laugh.gif

Jeeps are insane, I bought my Lincoln because it was many thousands less than the comparable next Grand Cherokee I wanted. Just nuts.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I'm starting to wonder if it would be a smart move to avoid Sig for a while. At least until they get their act sorted out over there.

Well...

I bought a P227 last week. It appears to be well made. Made in the USA. I had planned to go shoot it today, in fact, but I had to work...

I’ll let you know how well it performs when I get a chance.

So...back to the topic: which was guns, wasn't it?

My new Sig P227 works great. First hundred rounds with flawless operation.

Very accurate. Very modest recoil. I credit the shape of the grip. The laser/light combo on the front adds a few ounces. Perhaps that helped, too.

I'm impressed with the gun. I got it for $799. It's well made and shoots great.

Last edited:
Finally had time to go to my dealer and take a couple pics of the brakes on the 2015 Grand Cherokee (it's a Summit, but the brakes should be the same) with the 5.7L. It has the ridge at the top of the rotor (and looks like it will need brakes soon, ewwww!):

It has the ridge at the top of the rotor (and looks like it will need brakes soon, ewwww!):

A ridge? Good God, that looks like it was cut on a lathe that someone forgot to put an insert in the tool!

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
What "faced" those rotors is messed up brake pads.

I THINK those might be the original brakes....
crazy2.gif

Obviously the Canadian winter has done a number on them. I AM going to tease the owner about them though, LOL

It has the ridge at the top of the rotor (and looks like it will need brakes soon, ewwww!):

A ridge? Good God, that looks like it was cut on a lathe that someone forgot to put an insert in the tool!

That's what our weather does to brakes, LOL!

But it DOES have the ridge on the top of the rotor which we were discussing earlier. So there is definitely a small part of the top of the rotor that is outside the swept area of the pad as per our earlier discussion. Based on the appearance of yours, that may take a much, MUCH longer time to form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back