SIG P365

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Ben99GT

Give me a break, it's like this guy hasn't done a brake job before.
He making complaints about "flaws" that come from every manufacturer.

But according to Billt460..that's both direct and accurate engineering analysis on the SIG P365

I'll give Sig 6 months to work out to the production bugs on this all new design, then my Glock 43 is getting sold. :)

LOL, brake pads that don't cover the entire rotor? Lip on rotor? Recessed lug nuts? Give me a break, it's like this guy hasn't done a brake job before. He making complaints about "flaws" that come from every manufacturer.
Agreed--6-7 year old car (at the time of the video) has 25 "issues", were they major or minor? How do they compare to other German cars which are 6-7 years old? How about against all other similar models? $160 an hour for labor--has he crawled out of his box lately? The ID10T code likely applies here.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
How do they compare to other German cars which are 6-7 years old?

Grading on a "curve" never made dumb people smarter. Anymore than it makes German cars better. Who cares how it compares to other German cars, when the vehicle loses over 80% of it's value in 6 years? And it costs over $1,100.00 to replace a single shock absorber without labor.

I don't know what kind of car you're driving, but my Jeep wears the rotors completely even across it's entire surface. No "lip". Same with my Ford F-150. And I don't have to stick my fingers into the wheels up to my knuckles to touch a lug nut.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Ha. Not to get too far off topic, but isn't that the case with ALL German cars? Too complex. When complexity increases, reliability decreases.

I'm the type of person who gets attached to vehicles and keeps them for a long time, well past warranty expiration. German cars aren't a good choice for keeping for a long time, unless you can afford the pricey maintenance.

Loud-mouthed. Opinionated. Often wrong. And beyond annoying in his amateurish presentation and stupid burnouts.

Why people watch Scotty Kilmer is beyond me.

It’s like watching a car wreck while listening to fingernails on a chalkboard.

I tried his channel, once, and came away both irritated, and dumber, than I was before.

lol I had to watch that video embedded. There's just so much wrong, or at minimum, problems being pulled out of thin air.

Granted, $1200 shock absorbers are a bit steep... but I can do without the yelling and silly claims.

I don't know what kind of car you're driving, but my Jeep wears the rotors completely even across it's entire surface. No "lip". Same with my Ford F-150. And I don't have to stick my fingers into the wheels up to my knuckles to touch a lug nut.

2007 Jeep Wrangler, obvious rotor lip/ridge:

RemoveBoltsBrakeCaliper-113590.jpg

1998 4Runner, obvious lip/ridge:

maxresdefault.jpg

2004-2008 F150, obvious lip/ridge:

31781d1501889538-how-change-out-front-brake-pads-04-08-f150-dscf1440.jpg

2001 Silverado, obvious lip/ridge:

0512ch_truck1_03_z.jpg

A brake pad that covers 100% of the available rotor surface area is not the norm.

A brake pad that covers 100% of the available rotor surface area is not the norm.

I really don't care if it is or not. I'm simply telling you it is on both of my vehicles. I don't worry about other peoples cars.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Granted, $1200 shock absorbers are a bit steep... but I can do without the yelling and silly claims.

As I said, I agree the messenger is in fact annoying..... But not nearly as much as his message is.

I really don't care if it is or not. I'm simply telling you it is on both of my vehicles. I don't worry about other peoples cars.

A Jeep and an F150? I believe you are wrong.

Believe as you wish. I'm not trying to convince you. I'm simply telling you.

Take a photo, I'm fairly sure your assessment is not accurate.

Again, late model F150 with obvious wear induced rotor lip:

maxresdefault.jpg

That vast majority of used brake rotors will have such a lip.
This is an industry-wide trait, not a Mercedes-specific issue.

Like I said, it's like the guy has never done a brake job.

How do they compare to other German cars which are 6-7 years old?
Grading on a "curve" never made dumb people smarter. Anymore than it makes German cars better. Who cares how it compares to other German cars, when the vehicle loses over 80% of it's value in 6 years? And it costs over $1,100.00 to replace a single shock absorber without labor.
I never suggested that it does--but he is taking SO much out of context, thus it would make sense to compare it to find out if it is the norm or is unique only to Mercedes. I am highly skeptical the 80% depreciation is a Mercedes only thing (if it is indeed true at all). As for the $1100 for a shock--one should do one's research before they buy--else there is NO reason to complain later.

I'll tell you what. If it makes you feel better, I'll just say you're right. It's so much easier than breaking out cameras, crawling around pulling off wheels, taking photographs and posting them on the Internet. Just to, "prove it". I'm sorry, but I'm just not that petty.

I am highly skeptical the 80% depreciation is a Mercedes only thing (if it is indeed true at all).

You can try it yourself. I just punched in a 7 year old S Class with standard equipment, and it put out numbers very close to what his were. If he's off, he's not off by much. Certainly close enough to send me running away from ever considering one.

https://www.kbb.com/

My Grand Cherokee already has a lip on the rotors and it has less than 30,000Km on it. I've never owned a vehicle that didn't create a lip as things wore
21.gif

I honestly didn't know what the P365 was. I read up on it. What I found most interesting, is SIG marketing it for it compactness, and then stating they were going to have a suppressor for it.

I'll tell you what. If it makes you feel better, I'll just say you're right. It's so much easier than breaking out cameras, crawling around pulling off wheels, taking photographs and posting them on the Internet. Just to, "prove it". I'm sorry, but I'm just not that petty.

If there is no lip, it's probably because the rotors have minimal wear.

I'll give Sig 6 months to work out to the production bugs on this all new design, then my Glock 43 is getting sold. :)

While I agree it is potentionally a game changer (holds 10+1) with the same dimentions as the 43
I would give it way more time. Then again...carry an extra mag with a 43.... likely more reliable than the Sig MAY ever be and an extra mag gives you even more reliability and more firepower (if that's your goal. I personally don't carry an extra mag with the 43. But that's just me. I probably would be smart doing it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al

While I agree it is potentionally a game changer (holds 10+1) with the same dimentions as the 43
I would give it way more time. Then again...carry an extra mag with a 43.... likely more reliable than the Sig MAY ever be and an extra mag gives you even more reliability and more firepower (if that's your goal. I personally don't carry an extra mag with the 43. But that's just me. I probably would be smart doing it.

I have Glocks and Sigs, my Sigs perform every bit as well as my Glocks. I generally prefer my Sigs overall.
I think that the P365; once the production issues are sorted, will be just reliable as a Glock 43 with a very big capacity advantage. Might be wrong, just going by past history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back