SIG P365

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Originally Posted By: billt460
A brake pad that covers 100% of the available rotor surface area is not the norm.

I really don't care if it is or not. I'm simply telling you it is on both of my vehicles. I don't worry about other peoples cars.

A Jeep and an F150? I believe you are wrong.

My Grand Cherokee already has a lip on the rotors and it has less than 30,000Km on it. I've never owned a vehicle that didn't create a lip as things wore
21.gif

Does your Jeep have a Mercedes brake swap?
grin.gif

Does your Jeep have a Mercedes brake swap?
grin.gif

LOL!!!! Well played sir
grin.gif

You can actually see it in this pic of my winter tires from last year:

We have a lot of Sigs because my wife likes them ( for some reason ). But I've never thought they were all that.

I took her P220 Carry ( not a cheap gun ), my Hi Point 45, and my HK USP 45 to the range one morning, and the least reliable gun of the bunch was the Sig. The HK and HiP were flawless. Repeat - the Hi Point out shot the Sig.

I've bought quite a few more since then, mostly 226's or 250's, mostly because my wife likes them, but generally only for that reason. Of the big names, I think Sig is one of the poorer price / quality relationships.

Just my $0.02. I'm not a gun snob. They're just guns to me.

My Grand Cherokee already has a lip on the rotors and it has less than 30,000Km on it. I've never owned a vehicle that didn't create a lip as things wore
21.gif

Here ya' go. No lip wear so ever. Even checked it with my fingernail.

My Sig P938 (2016 production) was a disaster although their CS was good in the end I had to bail. I was impressed with my buddy's 320, not so much with what developed later with the drops, and then my uncle produced one he had just bought that would not go back together correctly. Don't know how that turned out other than he also had an accidental discharge reloading it, don't know the details but he is a "gun guy" to the max.

I was very interested in the P365 but after the above experiences very much had a "wait and see" attitude and glad now that I did.

Sig needs to stick to 226's and the like, which they seem to be very good at. They also seem to be able to build an excellent 1911 which is not easy.

21.gif

Those brand new? they sure look it, LOL
wink.gif

As someone that's been in the gun game for a while, NEVER buy a new release gun. You want to wait at least two years for them to fix these things (yes, they need fixing). They will make incremental changes, over time, and the gun should be decent after 18 months - 2 years or so.

Sig is a disaster these days. DISASTER. My faith in what they were is long since gone. The way they handled the 320 "voluntary upgrade" is an abomination. Unprofessional, amateurish. What you would expect from Taurus. Not a gun company that charges 50-100% more for their products than competing brands. You screwed up. Its going to cost you. This is what happens when you try to engineer a striker fired gun without a Glock dingus. Idiots.

Id hold onto that Glock 43 for a while.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

Sig is a disaster these days. DISASTER. My faith in what they were is long since gone. The way they handled the 320 "voluntary upgrade" is an abomination. Unprofessional, amateurish.

I concur.

Was having conversation with my buddy about all the recent Sig issues and the list got surprisingly long. Everything from the 320 stuff, now the other military issues, the NJ State Police P229 debacle and my own P938 which was a finely crafted, great looking disaster. And the topic of this thread to boot for icing on the cake.

I think they got too big too fast. Whatever they need to get a handle on it they are trashing a brand name that meant something not that long ago.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Originally Posted By: bubbatime

Sig is a disaster these days. DISASTER. My faith in what they were is long since gone. The way they handled the 320 "voluntary upgrade" is an abomination. Unprofessional, amateurish.

I concur.

Was having conversation with my buddy about all the recent Sig issues and the list got surprisingly long. Everything from the 320 stuff, now the other military issues, the NJ State Police P229 debacle and my own P938 which was a finely crafted, great looking disaster. And the topic of this thread to boot for icing on the cake.

I think they got too big too fast. Whatever they need to get a handle on it they are trashing a brand name that meant something not that long ago.

KC & BT, I agree 100% with both of you.
I remember 20-25+ years ago when my 1st FFL cousin opened his own little gun shop down in N'awlins. His shops reputation was built on/around Sig Sauer. That was his bread and butter firearm that was going to make him wealthy. And, because of Sig's great reputation back then, he was off to the races. Until about 5+ years ago. When he first opened his shop he hired a gunsmith that came highly recommended. He just recently had to let him go. That hurt him big time, in the pocket, but more in the heart. He was like family.
Anyway, he doesn't know what he's going to do. He is barely making ends meet. He was talking about taking on a new line to promote more than any other, but is tight lipped to the family. All he has to say is that he's VERY, VERY disappointed in Sig.

I just purchased a Sig P-229 Stainless Elite a few months back from Cabela's on a closeout. Now, all of a sudden, I'm starting to feel blessed that the darn thing runs good, and has no problems. I'm through buying Sig firearms until they get their act straightened out..... If they ever do. And to think not that long ago I was actually considering one of the new P-210's. Now I wouldn't touch one on a bet. Especially with what they want for them.

21.gif

Just looks like a rotor without any notable wear to me. Check back in 50K.

Just looks like a rotor without any notable LIP to me.

FIFY

I mean, in your pic you can see the brake pad contact doesn't extend all the way to the edge of the rotor.
There is no lip because there is no rotor wear.

I went into a local gun store the other day. I use their range occasionally, but their prices have always been really high in the past, and their customer service has been the "We're doing you a favor by letting you in here" kind. I noticed their prices have dropped a lot, and three people came up and asked how I was doing. Current gun market?

But one thing I noticed, that I haven't before, is that they have a SIG only "boutique" side. I haven't seen that before in a gun store.

Last edited:
Just looks like a rotor without any notable LIP to me.
FIFY
I mean, in your pic you can see the brake pad contact doesn't extend all the way to the edge of the rotor. There is no lip because there is no rotor wear.
You are correct. Look closely at the outer edge--there is about 1MM that is shinier than the remainder of the rotor surface (which is a matte dark gray color), in time there will be a lip. I also agree with another poster who said the rotor looks new. In all of my years of working on various vehicles, I have never not seen a rotor develop a lip on the very outer edge.

You can easily start to see visual wear on a rotor in less than 1,000 miles. Perhaps not that measurable without a micrometer, but you will see a visual difference. There is none at all because the pad contacts the rotor beyond it's outermost O.D. You can clearly see plain as day, a wear line left by the INSIDE of the rotor pad. Your problem is you are all so desperate in trying to see what isn't there, you're ignoring what is.

You can easily start to see visual wear on a rotor in less than 1,000 miles. Perhaps not that measurable without a micrometer, but you will see a visual difference. There is none at all because the pad contacts the rotor beyond it's outermost O.D. You can clearly see plain as day, a wear line left by the INSIDE of the rotor pad. Your problem is you are all so desperate in trying to see what isn't there, you're ignoring what is.
I agree to disagree on this one. You can CLEARLY see the 1MM shiny line on the edge of the rotor wear the pad does not touch which over time will result in a lip.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I agree to disagree on this one. You can CLEARLY see the 1MM shiny line on the edge of the rotor wear the pad does not touch which over time will result in a lip.

Yes sir, it's plainly obvious.

So the pad extends beyond the outermost OD of the rotor?
That would create some very odd brake pad wear patterns.
laugh.gif

I'd like to see billt460's explanation for brake pad contact patch edge repeating on the rotor face twice if the pad extends beyond the OD of the rotor.
I don't think this guy likes being wrong.

Yes. The "1 MM shiny line" you are getting all worked up about, is a radius on the corner of the rotor.... Not a "ridge" left by the pad. I just looked at it. There is no ridge. None at all. Yet you can clearly see and feel the inside ridge that is wearing and forming. This is plain as day. I'm not even sure what you are trying to argue about any more?

Yes. The "1 MM shiny line" you are getting all worked up about, is a radius on the corner of the rotor.... Not a "ridge" left by the pad. I just looked at it. There is no ridge. None at all. Yet you can clearly see and feel the inside ridge that is wearing and forming. This is plain as day. I'm not even sure what you are trying to argue about any more?

Is this your Jeep? If so, give me year and model, I'll go up to my dealer, find one the exact same vintage and model and photograph the bloody rotor. This is getting retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back