Sig Sauer p320

So I was at the range a few days ago, and I was peeking around, at the guns, I really wanted to get the Ruger 57 but ammo at a buck a bullet, that's kind of turning me off.. but then I saw a Sig p320 nice price, 9 mm really felt comfortable in my hands, 17 round mag, 4.7" barrel Anyone on this forum have one?

I have a P320 XFull that I like quite a bit. It has a nice trigger and the modularity is nice but the fire control system is a bit complicated. Not a fan of the flat trigger shoe so I replaced it with their curved one.

It's just a range toy.

Check into the Taurus G3 or the M&P 2.0

I am not a fan of Sig after their p320 incidents.

No horse in the 320 "incident" race BUT I am following the matter. To date, not a single indy or otherwise has been able to replicate what others have stated occurred. That says a lot to me as there are top people/entity's in the industry looking to find the cause. Quite a bit of time and zero replication. You can also search the dozen or more lawsuits Sig had won on summary judgment or outright dismissed.

Personally, I love "P" series Sigs and own many of them. I do not own any Sig plastics. Just not anything I'm into. Shadow Systems, Glocks, M&P's, H&K's satisfy my plastic needs.

I'm not aware of the Sig incidents, I will Google it, I already have an M&P, I already got a Glock 17 I already have a Beretta 92 and a Springfield XDM I will Google the Taurus. Thank you

No horse in the 320 "incident" race BUT I am following the matter. To date, not a single indy or otherwise has been able to replicate what others have stated occurred. That says a lot to me as there are top people/entity's in the industry looking to find the cause. Quite a bit of time and zero replication. You can also search the dozen or more lawsuits Sig had won on summary judgment or outright dismissed.

Personally, I love "P" series Sigs and own many of them. I do not own any Sig plastics. Just not anything I'm into. Shadow Systems, Glocks, M&P's, H&K's satisfy my plastic needs.
If it wasn't an issue Sig wouldn't have had to create a fix. There is plenty of videos on this showing it happening.

I'm not aware of the Sig incidents, I will Google it, I already have an M&P, I already got a Glock 17 I already have a Beretta 92 and a Springfield XDM I will Google the Taurus. Thank you
Taurus is a great option for the money, they really stepped up over the years but it is obviously not for everyone, everyone has preferences.

Taurus is a great option for the money, they really stepped up over the years but it is obviously not for everyone, everyone has preferences.
I'll take a look at the Taurus tomorrow, I've been reading up on the Sig, they say supposedly it's been taken care of.. true or false who knows..

If it wasn't an issue Sig wouldn't have had to create a fix. There is plenty of videos on this showing it happening.

There was a fix that occurred early on in the rollout of the 320. Since then not a single credible replication has occurred, despite many tries by industry professionals.

I'll take a look at the Taurus tomorrow, I've been reading up on the Sig, they say supposedly it's been taken care of.. true or false who knows..

Just me but Taurus is not something I would trust to defend my life. Range toy, sure.

Just me but Taurus is not something I would trust to defend my life. Range toy, sure.
To defend my life, I have a Smith & Wesson 686 4" 357. The rest just sit in my safe unloaded, and I bring to the range. But I do not want a range toy that is a jam a matic
I got a bad taste in my mouth about Taurus many years ago, about 20 because of the quality of their metals.. they probably improved by now..

Here’s one in .357 I believe.

4CA6E7BE-2412-42EB-9FF0-56CA3536940A.png

It's an excellent pistol that has unfortunately never caught on simply because the original was ugly. The newer version is more conventional looking, has been tweaked a bit and I believe is optics ready. I liked my original one but the trigger wasn't great, and that's supposedly one of the things that's been fixed on the newer ones.

I can't believe Beretta sells them so cheap now but I guess that's the only way to get them out there in people's hands nowadays. And a factory rebate is available now too.

since you seem to have some pistols, i would say if a Ruger 57 is what you really want buy it.

If i was looking at Sigs it would be 226 series. But i tend to be old school and feel like the story ended with the M1911....

To defend my life, I have a Smith & Wesson 686 4" 357. The rest just sit in my safe unloaded, and I bring to the range. But I do not want a range toy that is a jam a matic
I got a bad taste in my mouth about Taurus many years ago, about 20 because of the quality of their metals.. they probably improved by now..

I'm staunch that I do not believe in Taurus but many have reported they aren't the jam-o-matics they once were. I feel there is a lot better out there for nit much of a higher price point is where I stand. S&W 686 is a reliable one if you can swing the recoil. I'm on my way to 51 and my often hiking gun is a 340 M&P with 357 hard cast....so far still can handle it. But I know that day will come in the not-too-distant future. God blessed with big hands and some strength.

I have played a lot with different 357 loads and for me, I find the Rem Golden Saber 357 to have the least felt (to my hand) recoil but I like the Buffalo Bore shorty barrel loads that have lowered muzzle flash at night.

Good luck with your decisions.

It's an excellent pistol that has unfortunately never caught on simply because the original was ugly. The newer version is more conventional looking, has been tweaked a bit and I believe is optics ready. I liked my original one but the trigger wasn't great, and that's supposedly one of the things that's been fixed on the newer ones.

I can't believe Beretta sells them so cheap now but I guess that's the only way to get them out there in people's hands nowadays. And a factory rebate is available now too.

Thank you, the rebate I saw expired June 23rd, of 23

Try an H&K VP9 or better yet a VP40. Can convert to .357 Sig with an after market barrel and have two for a little more than the price of one. My favorite of the plastic fantastics.

So I was at the range a few days ago, and I was peeking around, at the guns, I really wanted to get the Ruger 57 but ammo at a buck a bullet, that's kind of turning me off.. but then I saw a Sig p320 nice price, 9 mm really felt comfortable in my hands, 17 round mag, 4.7" barrel Anyone on this forum have one?
This is controversial, but it is alleged in the current lawsuit that holsters which put slight tension and depress the side of the P320 trigger very slightly will disable the internal firing pin block and allow a jolt to set off the striker.

It is through this mechanism that multiple police officers’ pistols have gone off while secured inside holsters.

I’m inclined to believe this, given the problems of the past. I’d personally stay away.

Back