Should I fix a small oil leak on my car with almost 200,000 miles?

Few hundred, I would fix it.
A rear main or something pricey I would live with it

How small is "small"? In my experience, even minor repairs on a 500 require 10x labor to remedy.

If it really is a negligible leak, leave it alone.

It’s not 1975 anymore 😂. This car has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. Other than wear items and maintenance I’ve only had to replace a bad thermostat. I bought it used with 600 miles on it for $11,000 back in 2012. Who knows maybe I got lucky 🍀

You did well! Play PowerBall after that run with a Fiat!

It’s not 1975 anymore 😂. This car has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. Other than wear items and maintenance I’ve only had to replace a bad thermostat. I bought it used with 600 miles on it for $11,000 back in 2012. Who knows maybe I got lucky 🍀
There you go……..just answered your own question. Fix it and drive it another 180,000 miles. That car owes you nothin’!
🍀

I get 300k + miles from just about every vehicle I own. I do drive a lot, and I do change oil/fluids regularly. I also replace hoses and rad before they fail.

Leaks have two constants: 1. They don't heal themselves, and 2. They do quit leaking once all the fluid is gone. You decide.

Picture of said leak. Last thing I would want is someone breaking everything above and around it trying to fix it. 200k hoses and other stuff gets brittle or you get someone that shouldn’t be working on cars

Back