Should I fix a small oil leak on my car with almost 200,000 miles?

You plan to keep the car ? If yes than I would fix it if it were me.
You plan to sell the car ? If yes than I would fix it if it were me.

haha. Whether keeping or selling, it's an easy fix, so fix it. Not fixing it means I might even avoid parking on someone's nice driveway knowing I might leave an oil stain.

If the leak poses no fire hazzards and as you say the leak is small, I would leave it as is and maintain the oil level. If and when the leak worsens, then I would get it fixed.

It all depends on how much has to be disturbed to gain access to the leak… Old stuff tends to be rusted, brittle, and better left alone on old high mileage vehicles. Saying that to say sometimes you create more issues than fixing.

If the leak poses no fire hazzards and as you say the leak is small, I would leave it as is and maintain the oil level. If and when the leak worsens, then I would get it fixed.

Agreed. Either when the leak gets bad or you have other work done on the vehicle which presents the perfect opportunity to replace the gasket for little additional cost.

I've had nuisance leaks that went on for decades. Plus it's a Fiat 500, so how much longer is it going to last?
I'm shocked it made it 200k. And OP is in Orchard Park (Buffalo 🦬). Fiat is not what I'd be rocking in Buffalo!

Back