Shoe lacing?

LDB

So, similar to the toilet paper debate, which way should shoes be laced? Starting at the toe should the lace go across the top then down through the eye as in this photo or should it go the opposite, underneath with the lace coming up through the eye?
1. This way
2. Opposite

1691240792847.png

Reactions: hrv
Across the top. Then first row under, so that each subsequent row starts under and ends up on top. That’s the “Navy cross”.

Out board lace goes over inboard, sure, more complex than Army, because one has to know their left from right, but that matters on a ship, knowing outboard from inboard, port from starboard.

Multiple ways to tie shoes depending on style and open lace vs closed lacing and European vs an American lacing. You can always google if you want to see the differences. Also different ways to tie the knot.

Never been something I thought about, however they come from the manufacturer I guess.
If I replace them (have not done that in well over a decade), I guess it would be how the pic is?

Another question for you, do you do sock, sock, shoe, shoe; or do you do sock, shoe, sock, shoe?

There is no wrong answer... there are so many options.

If you like shoes, laces, or have any hint of OCD; be careful clicking here and before you do, clear your calendar!

It came like this and I ain't touching it. I prefer slip-ons. The high tops are annoying to get on or off, particularly when tired.

The Skechers appear to have the "Navy Cross" and my high-tops don't, if I'm interpreting the description given of the Navy Cross correctly.

20230806_063209.jpg
20230806_063328.jpg

Oh, and... as to the Throne:
So, similar to the toilet paper debate,
20230806_063445.jpg

Usually however they come. Most of the time I leave them loose and get a slip-on fit, as I’m not hiking and don’t need tight fitting shoes.

My football coach 40 years ago made us lace so the the top side looked like a ladder

That was at if we had a broken foot and swelling, he’d take a pocket knife to it and flip the boot open…

Made sense

Back