Service Champ OF241/WP2835 16,000 miles abuse cut open

I'm sure we will find out someday. The engine surprisingly doesn't have any blow by. I/ my dad inherited my grandparents 2008 town and country touring with the 3.8 and I just changed the valve cover gaskets at 80k milles last month because the rear one was leaking. Not sure how my coworkers van isn't leaking from them at 151k yet.
The dirt is keeping the gaskets sealed tighter than a clam's behind

How does the new oil look after the change with the new filter? Maybe an early filter change is in order. Hope all is well.
He said it's still full but turning a dark color pretty fast. I'm supposed to do more work on it pretty soon and will change it again.

They nylon cage is glass enhanced and they claim it is stronger than the metal cores.
Ive been using the Acdelco ph48 for 10k and have used the super tech version and they still look great
Yeah, they are plenty strong, only issue we've seen is that on ones where there seemed to be a surge of delta-P and the media gets pushed through one of the windows and tears.

Yeah, they are plenty strong, only issue we've seen is that on ones where there seemed to be a surge of delta-P and the media gets pushed through one of the windows and tears.
Haven't seen any reported eCore window media blow-throughs for a long time. I think the filter designers finally figured it out. Now they need to work on improving louver formation, lol.

Back