Russo

Bought a used John Deere LA115 last year and now need to put it away for the winter. It was essentially "gone through" by a kid who rebuilds mowers and I took it to the next level and detailed it.... even buffed it out etc. It looks brand new.... Got the number off the oil filter and it was a 492932S OEM Briggs filter. I looked at Amazon and Ebay for a deal... found none, but also found a lot of cross references that would work including a Fram 8170.... but stumbled across a great deal on a company called "Russo" filters supposedly for commercial applications and they make a compatible filter for this mower and the reviews were all very good.... Anybody use Russo filters? And can anybody tell me the difference between a 492932 filter and mine that has the letter S at the end of it????

PS...... just got to thinking..... Can anybody tell me what oil I should use in this JD LA115 19.5 Briggs motor? Brand? Weight?

Got a little nervous when I saw the "s" means short.... and I ordered a four pack of the Russo filters this morning so I just went to look... they are the "s" or the short version so it's all good... I went to the JD website for this mower to check out the blades in case I should need some and also saw the chart for oil.... I won't be running this in the winter and have a ton of 5-30 in stock... so that is what I will use... Had a slight problem starting it today... colder here.... 50 degrees maybe? I set the choke, turned it over and this one has an older battery... I have a newer decent battery but thought I would make it through the fall with the old one... not many mowing jobs left this year... It backfired and after four/five spins the battery was gone... pulled the hydraulics lever and pushed it to the garage... battery charger and it started after backfiring again... Guessing valves might need adjustment... 4 thousandths intake ..... 6 thousandths exhaust.... Good project for next spring.

Back