Rock is not dead!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe my ears. Like Robert Plant and Janice Joplin had a baby! Its real rock. With instruments! OMG!

Being compared to Zeppelin could be worse. But this is no cover. Its original music !!!

Originally Posted by Warstud
The guys that play instruments are good but that singer has gotta GO.

Guess you have never heard Robert plant sing live ! in my opinion not much better than this guy.

Originally Posted by loneryder
The singer reminds me of an old song titled "Are you a boy or Are you a girl "

Singer's voice needs to mature a little, reminded me of Geddy Lee (Rush) in a couple spots.

They could be on to something here...

Got XM with my new car and always have it turned to the 60's. I will probably renew it. Lots of 60's Youtube also.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Of course rock isn't dead.

Tool just released a new album.

Yep, and it's sold out everywhere. My local Walmart had two copies left on Friday when it was released. I should have bought both. 13 years was a long time to wait but it did not disappoint.

Originally Posted by Starman2112

Yep, and it's sold out everywhere. My local Walmart had two copies left on Friday when it was released. I should have bought both. 13 years was a long time to wait but it did not disappoint.

You can buy a digital download of it on MP3Million for 72 cents

https://www.mp3million.com/download/Tool/Fear Inoculum

I have seen some reviews of the album really praising the percussion work on it. I heard part of one song online, "Pneuma", it is almost 12 minutes long, seemed to be an instrumental and I got tired of waiting for it to go somewhere. I have not listened to any of the rest of the album and doubt I ever will, I am not a fan of Tool, but lots of people are and I hope the band and the album do well.

GVF did absolutely nothing for me either. There are some good new bands out there that do have real talent and play real, legitimate rock but you have to look pretty hard and do a lot of listening sometimes to find them.

Thanks. I haven't heard that song in many many years!

I found a MINT condition original mono pressing of that album a few years back for $1 at a small mom and pop record store in San Marcos,Tx. I went back to do some more digging and saw it had gone out of business.

Thanks. I haven't heard that song in many many years!

Check out this one. I have this 45,it's a pre-lp single I think. It's not of their album. Playing live here,no lip synching!

And I'm already sick of everyone playing the song Fear Inoculum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back