I Found A Dead Scorpion

In my light fixture! I took a shower this morning, and went into my closet to get a tee shirt, and I just happened to look up at the light fixture, and it was in there.

I have no idea how it got in there. There are no holes in the fixture where it could have crawled in from the attic. And the globe is a close fit to the brass part of the fixture. It looks like he's been up there a while.

And I've had no problems with scorpions in the garage, or anywhere else on the property. This is the first one I've seen since we moved here. Supposedly the smaller they are the worse their venom is. I've never been stung, so I can't say either way.

1695222548442.jpeg

I used to find them everywhere at my place in Parker.
Usually dead, but occasionally surprisingly alive - I bought a black light to sweep bedrooms when I'd come into town (it was a weekend house)

Same here, usually once a year it happens. In fact, I recall one dropping from the ceiling once and stinging my mom pretty quickly. Little bastard.

Up here in Nor cal the Geckos take them out.

Happy to live amongst the Gecki vs scorpions.

They say for every dead scorpion you find in your home there are 100 active breeders in the walls, under the floorboards, under the toilet seat, under your mattress, and in your drawers - pretty much everywhere. :oops:

By the way, did this dead scorpion show the bitemarks of the lethal centipede that preys on scorpions?

Last edited:
By the way, did this dead scorpion show the bitemarks of the lethal centipede that preys on scorpions?
No marks That I could tell. He was pretty dried up though. One thing I used to see a lot of around here, but not so much anymore are Vinegaroons, (Sun Spiders).

They're really big, and can run fast. They'll even chase you. If they bite you the venom affects your taste buds, and they say it gives everything you eat a vinegar after taste for several hours.

I've even heard they can spray you with an acid like substance. They're ugly as hell.

They say for every dead scorpion you find in your home there are 100 active breeders in the walls, under the floorboards, under the toilet seat, under your mattress, and in your drawers - pretty much everywhere. :oops:

Now why you gotta go and add to the horror?

Now why you gotta go and add to the horror?
Nothing to worry about. The Scorpion-eating centipedes are easily repelled by the application of tea tree or peppermint oil. At least you will smell fresh when they find you covered in swarms of bees and flies.

Movie recommendation: Joe's Apartment

Last edited:
Back