Rhino Ramps Collapsed

People need to realize that wood is also a polymer. Some of these comments are quite silly from a chemistry perspective. The type of material matters much less than the style of construction.

Bought Race Ramps for that reason. While Rhino Ramps do the job fine and I've used them in other people's garages, I much prefer the peace of mind that the Race Ramps offer, being one solid piece. They're a bit spendy, though.
It seems they were expensive before but now they are ridiculous

People need to realize that wood is also a polymer. Some of these comments are quite silly from a chemistry perspective. The type of material matters much less than the style of construction.
Silly? - nobody is going to remove wood to take on a shape similar to the webbed plastic … Mine are 5 layers of solid lumber … Indoor lumber selected for Gorilla glue bond - 3 inch screws in pilot holes …
Only downside is weight - don’t mind that myself …

Silly? - nobody is going to remove wood to take on a shape similar to the webbed plastic … Mine are 5 layers of solid lumber … Indoor lumber selected for Gorilla glue bond - 3 inch screws in pilot holes …
Only downside is weight - don’t mind that myself …
Right.

Wood with removable ramps, hinged for carrying, homemade...seen good ones on YouTube.

Not entirely impressed with Rhino's construction. At first sight the plastic seemed thin and soft.
They're light and store compactly.

They are way too low for many vehicles with longer front ends. Rhinos are tolerable for my oil changes.
I've seen them bow, more in the heat. My work spot is left-side-down a bit.
Rhinos could be more like those indestructible milk crates.

Wood with removable ramps, hinged for carrying, homemade...seen good ones on YouTube.

Not entirely impressed with Rhino's construction. At first sight the plastic seemed thin and soft.
They're light and store compactly.

They are way too low for many vehicles with longer front ends. Rhinos are tolerable for my oil changes.
I've seen them bow, more in the heat. My work spot is left-side-down a bit.
Rhinos could be more like those indestructible milk crates.
Yeah - when you design your own from 2x10’s … you can have the bottom board a bit long to both pin it down and start the vehicle rise right away …

Made my own ramps about 20 years ago with scrap wood . Use the SKID Guard for traction , no slipping up the ramps . Also have a pair of plastic ramps . Don't feel as secure with those . Put the '18 ACCENT on all 4 when changing oil due to the oil drain plug being on the front of the pan . The plastic ramps are also a little less taller than the wood ramps so place them on the front to help drain out more oil from the pan . The '13 FIT on ramps below gets only 2 ramps since drain plug is on back of the oil pan .

IMG_5211.JPG
IMG_5212.JPG

Driver side of HONDA Fit .

IMG_5223.JPG
IMG_5221.JPG
IMG_5220.JPG

Passenger side of HONDA Fit .

IMG_5215.JPG
IMG_5217.JPG
IMG_5219.JPG

These are the plastic ramps . Not very wide , so need to be very careful to get them aligned with tires .

IMG_6580.JPG

Picture from oil change posted back on 10/1/22 . Deleted original from memory card . Plastic ramps under front and wood ramps under rear tires .

IMG_2089.JPG

Last edited:
Wood is not a polymer, it contains polymers but it is a composite.
Sure, technically. Cellulose is the main polymer. But many plastics are “composites“ too, but we just call them plastic or polymer, and we do not insist on “fiber reinforced plastic.” It’s just semantics. The point is that wood and man made plastics aren’t all that different chemical sense, so disparaging plastic and in the same breath promoting wood is kind of silly. It’s the style of construction that matters more.

Last edited:
Sure, technically. Cellulose is the main polymer. But many plastics are “composites“ too, but we just call them plastic or polymer, and we do not insist on “fiber reinforced plastic.” It’s just semantics. The point is that wood and man made plastics aren’t all that different chemical sense, so disparaging plastic and in the same breath promoting wood is kind of silly. It’s the style of construction that matters more.
Yeah.

Made my own ramps about 20 years ago with scrap wood . Use the SKID Guard for traction , no slipping up the ramps . Also have a pair of plastic ramps . Don't feel as secure with those . Put the '18 ACCENT on all 4 when changing oil due to the oil drain plug being on the front of the pan . The plastic ramps are also a little less taller than the wood ramps so place them on the front to help drain out more oil from the pan . The '13 FIT on ramps below gets only 2 ramps since drain plug is on back of the oil pan .

View attachment 181044View attachment 181045

Driver side of HONDA Fit .

View attachment 181047View attachment 181048View attachment 181049

Passenger side of HONDA Fit .

View attachment 181052View attachment 181053View attachment 181055

These are the plastic ramps . Not very wide , so need to be very careful to get them aligned with tires .

View attachment 181057

Picture from oil change posted back on 10/1/22 . Deleted original from memory card . Plastic ramps under front and wood ramps under rear tires .

View attachment 181064
Yep, those little plastic ramps are the only way we can get my buddy's 370Z or Mini Cooper on my lift.

Back