Rhino Ramps Collapsed

I pulled my GX470 up on the black Rhino Ramps to change the oil and squish. What in the world?

What are you guys doing to get your cars up to change the fluids and such?

Wooden ramps?

Steel ramps.

Reactions: D60
Guess I'm weird, I have two pairs of steel ramps, 2nd pair was gifted to me and I even took the time to disassemble, derust, and paint that pair, yet I never use either set. Jack and jack stands.

Maybe it's that my ramps are buried under other stuff, though starting vehicle, driving up on ramps, turn off, then repeat to drive back down off the ramps, seems like about as much work as the jack stands.

Hmmm... Let me see. What material should I trust with my life? Ah yes, plastic!
And I actually think it could be perfectly safe but they're effectively trying to use as little plastic as possible and relying on lots of vertical ribbing to support the weight. From an engineering perspective this can be valid but IMO the ribs are too thin and the plastic too brittle.

Again, everyone should do what they want and assume risks with which they are personally comfortable.....so fan bois need not get offended.

It looks like I'll be building some wood ramps after I experienced a different type of failure with my Rhino Ramps. I was driving my wife's RAV4 off the ramps and one of them slipped out as I was descending and broke the end off.
1695954260729.jpg

I've posted this before, but not in this thread. I know what happened.... I hit the "bumper" a little too hard and the ramp tilted and broke where that round thing is in the middle. Seems to me it should be a little more foregiving because apparently there's a fine line between not enough momentum to get up the ramp, and too much.

9pfvcg.jpg

It seems like this can happen if the vehicle is pulled too far up/forward on the ramps. I’ve had an FJ80 on mine no issues. Same with my 96 ram CTD. Both heavy vehicles.

Back