Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by madRiver
Looks like my last FL vacation. I was ready to get out of there after 6 days. Glad you enjoy it looks nice.

Not even 1 day for me.

I can't just "sit on a beach".

Originally Posted by Linctex

Not even 1 day for me.

I can't just "sit on a beach".

Same here. Every year, we do an early Fall beach weekend. After the first day, I'm "beached out" and ready to do something else.

Originally Posted by tig1
My advise for retirement is to plan many years in advance financially. I paid my home off 15 years before retiring and have had no debt since then. Of any kind.

Dave Ramsey plan-ish?

My wife and I are 30 and 25. We Invest 25% of our income, debt free other than the mortgage. We should be able to pay it off by 37 and 32.

I'm convinced a debt free life is the answer, especially for us. Thanks for sharing a snapshot of your success! We plan to retire by 55 and 50 if at all possible.

This thread is inspiring.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by donnyj08
Originally Posted by tig1
My advise for retirement is to plan many years in advance financially. I paid my home off 15 years before retiring and have had no debt since then. Of any kind.

Dave Ramsey plan-ish?

My wife and I are 30 and 25. We Invest 25% of our income, debt free other than the mortgage. We should be able to pay it off by 37 and 32.

I'm convinced a debt free life is the answer, especially for us. Thanks for sharing a snapshot of your success! We plan to retire by 55 and 50 if at all possible.

This thread is inspiring.

Have you looked at the FI movement? Not sure if I"ll able to put the website. You might be able to retire quicker than that. We're 39 and 42 and we'll be done in 12 years, house will be done next year.

Yes,

I am familiar with it. Our end goal is FIRE. How early will depend on income growth and investment growth moving forward!

Way to go, sounds like you guys are killing it! I hope you reach your goals quickly.

Originally Posted by Fawteen
Originally Posted by CT8
Pics with man legs and feet belong on face book.

When you're retired, especially early, you don't much care what others think.

Then why did he bother to post it?

I don't care that they SAY they don't much care. Mans legs don't belong on FB, period.

Fawteen I'm getting ready to pull the pin as well. I'm gonna do the Jimmie buffet deal for a month or so.
Sun burn on the soles of my feet an the roof of my mouth. Long earned!

Originally Posted by P10crew
Fawteen I'm getting ready to pull the pin as well. I'm gonna do the Jimmie buffet deal for a month or so.
Sun burn on the soles of my feet an the roof of my mouth. Long earned!

You'll be stir-crazy within a few days! My grandfather & now my father "retired" several times......It never stuck for more than 6 months!

Lol. The retirement projects are stacked up. Looking forward to a winter where I'm not outside every single day. Lots to learn yet.

When my grandfather retired at 65 from farming all his life, he enjoyed it for a few months but got bored and drove my grandmother nuts. He sold the farm and bought a house on a couple acre parcel with a big shop and started restoring old tractors and other farm equipment. That kept him busy and happy till his health went downhill years later.

So far retirement hasn't been boring for me and I don't suspect/worry it ever will.

Personally, I've loved and enjoyed not waking to an alarm clock and doing things at my own pace. From working 36 years with a ton of overtime thrown in, many things got put off but lately I've enjoyed finally tackling those jobs.

I finally got around to doing my trailer roof seams and re-leveling it as well. The roof took 2 weekends at a relaxed pace wire brushing, scrubbing and washing the seams before cutting and applying the RV roof tape.

New pads/bases and some crushed gravel this past weekend and my trailer is now re-leveled. I am also doing my own boat winterizing this year and I've been tackling that when home from the trailer.

Soon it will be storage time for it and time to get the sleds out, plus with winter coming it will be time for 3 oil changes, wash and waxes and winter tires.

I am not at all worried about getting bored as I haven't even put a dent in my want done list yet.

WP_20190907_10_40_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20190907_10_59_54_Pro.jpg

WP_20190907_12_21_43_Pro.jpg

WP_20190919_16_47_41_Pro.jpg

WP_20190919_16_48_05_Pro.jpg

WP_20190919_16_48_31_Pro.jpg

WP_20190817_13_12_41_Pro (1).jpg

WP_20190911_16_47_59_Pro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back