Help Wanted signs - post your pics

Post up your help wanted sign pics!

With all the labor shortages I have become intrigued by all these help wanted signs. The reason for the shortages btw is the boomers are all retiring and every generation behind them is significantly smaller. Anyone saying otherwise has an agenda or is uninformed.

Anyway snapped this picture at a McDonald’s in MN.

IMG_0796.jpeg

Wish it was this way 30 years ago. I was making minimum wage.

I also took this one a couple weeks back - and posted it here. https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/work-at-buc-ees.373178/

IMG_0686.jpeg

Who want's to get up at 3am to be at work at 5am to make $15 an hour? And why is McDonald's even open that early?
Because it supports us that work all weird hours of the day and night. My phone rings and I have to be to work 2 hours later. The places open at those hours get my business. That said I may have to show up at 2 am, but I make $50 an hour. If they really want people to go to work at that time, maybe they should pay more, but at least that's a set schedule. They'll find out if they have trouble filling those positions and raise pay if they have to.

@atikovi

You really can't fathom that people have report to work times that support eating breakfast at 5 or 6am? My dad worked 6-2:30 for 95% of his working life. Our shop has a 5:15-5:30a report time. This is not unusual.

You know a lot of McD's are 24 hours right? If they weren't making money at 2am, they wouldn't be open.

@atikovi

You really can't fathom that people have report to work times that support eating breakfast at 5 or 6am? My dad worked 6-2:30 for 95% of his working life. Our shop has a 5:15-5:30a report time. This is not unusual.

You know a lot of McD's are 24 hours right? If they weren't making money at 2am, they wouldn't be open.
My point was why not have breakfast in the comfort your own home in your pajamas instead of McDonald's? Save 20 minutes right there.

My point was why not have breakfast in the comfort your own home in your pajamas instead of McDonald's? Save 20 minutes right there.
That's probably a point for a different thread. Actually, it's a point that comes up in EVERY thread about fast food. We get it, we get it, eating at home is healthier and cheaper too. But that's not what this thread is about.

Just because you're not up and dressed and hungry at 5AM doesn't make it true for everyone else.

Who want's to get up at 3am to be at work at 5am to make $15 an hour? And why is McDonald's even open that early?
You don’t get up 2 hours early to work at McDonald’s. You live 10 minutes away. You stop playing video games at 4:20 have a quick shower - or not - and head over.

Go drive around at 5:00 AM and you will know who goes to work then. All the forgotten people keeping this country running.

I mean, I can't imagine getting dressed to go out for breakfast unless I was on vacation, and even then it wouldn't be at 5 am. How hard is it to toss an Eggo in the toaster and some sausage links in the microwave at home?
Because you pulled a double yesterday and the fridge is empty.

It’s also a ritual for some. Part of the days routine.

Back