Relative Lifespan of refitted v.new dental crowns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ducked
Saw two dentists while waiting to see if the crown turned up. Both had a poke at the stump and pronounced it sound, though only one of them did an X-ray.

Went to the teaching hospital and after a bit more poking, another X-ray, and using a gadget that gives your tooth an electric shock to test if the nerve was alive (Harness the lightening, Frankenstien. Ouch, its alive!) they reckon that I need a root canal job, based apparently, mostly on the fact that it didn't hurt much when they poked it (which I thought was a GOOD thing).

I suppose I'll have to believe them. Waiting times very long (root canal some unspecified time in Feb, temporay crown end of December, no date for final coronation) but they can refer to a private clinic where the staff moonlight. This is obviopusly potentially corrupt but pretty common practice in the UK too.

So its looking a bit more expensive and protracted, but I think it'll still be much cheaper than in the US.

If not much, post some prices.
we can let you know....of price differences (cough cough) gouging
Now some advice:
-does it hurt
-do you have some bad smell/taste
-did they see any infection especially after the x-ray (IMPORTANT: Mouth is the gatekeeper to the body)

if not you're good.
Make sure you give up for a while the crunchy, hard stuff to eat. (The gingia/meat around teeth needs to heal/be healthy )
also the Hot/Cold(Icy) temperature differences.

Oh, and Floss... Really good. Especially the back/hard to reach teeth.
Me brushing 2 times a day was not enough (wrong toothbrush and poor form): also don't eat sweets + breads....
Now I'm missing 3 teeth + a number of cavities....and some $x,000 missing from my wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back