PUP 5w-30, 4451 miles in 2021 Toyota Tundra

Truck does not do any heavy towing. Work commute is a 10 mile drive on the tollway. I perform 5k/6mo OCI.

I currently have Pennzoil Euro L 5w-30 in the vehicle and will perform a UOA when drained.

53EB04BA-1600-4AC5-B473-5B082C31B80D.jpeg

The oil did its job well. PUP starts low in viscosity, which mostly explains the ending viscosity. I've seen virgin viscosities between 9.5 - 10, so ending at 9.15 isn't horrible. Tons of TBN left.

Toyota FTW. Their engines always produce low wear metals. PUP is a very good oil.
No complaints running the PUP in our Tundra and 4R, but I know it gets scrutinized here for being thin. PUP is also getting more difficult to source at a consistent price regularly. From my reading here on bitog, I sided with wanting a HTHS of at least 3.5, so decided on the Pennz Euro L.

Perhaps in the future I'll run that M1 FS 0w-40 that is so widely recommended by one of the members here haha.

Last edited:
10 miles one way. I'll edit post to make more clear. Now the wife's 4Runner has the daily errand schedule from hell.
Thanks for the additional details. 10 miles is usually enough of a run to get the engine temperature up enough. 8-10 miles is what I recommend the minimum run time on each run if a person can help it. You're good to go!

Back