Post your latest parts purchase

A six pack of Castrol ATF +4 and a transmission filter for my daughter's WJ from Amazon. It's been about 40k since the last change.

The last time I did this was before I got a Mityvac. This change I will be investigating what is obstructing the hose and preventing me from suctioning less than 2 quarts out. Hopefully I can figure it out and this will be the last pan drop this vehicle sees.

1000002306.jpg

New vacuum pump for my Regal. The old one is leaking, and a seal kit cost the same as this brand new OEM unit from ZZP ($29.99).

I'm glad I dug around before just ordering the seals, this pump is off a 0 mile crate engine and I felt better replacing the unit as a whole rather than cracking it open to replace the seals.

Time to monthly tithe to Coleman Equipment again. They have been awesome.

Kubota rear PTO housing has sprung a leak after a few hours of use. Not surprised, it will be the third or forth time I've dumped the oil, why not again. Replacing the PTO seal because its no doubt the next thing that would have leaked and it had to come off anyway. Ordered a PTO shaft cap because I didnt have one, and moly grease tube for kicks since the shipping is the same.

1712014697735.jpg

1712014753037.jpg

Got two cannister purge valves for my Hyundais. 2nd one for the Accent. This time I went cheap seeing as the OE stuff isn't lifetime. OE is $45 or so and these were $12. My Gen Coupe uses the same one but it's still good at 135k miles.

Got them off Amazon
51Xo1FZDfGL._AC_SX569_.jpg

New OEM valve cover gasket set for my Regal, going to pull it for inspection while I replace the vacuum pump.

2 pair of Infinity REF-6522ex speakers to replace the blown OE junkers in our '06 Kia Spectra. $109 total, which is a great deal for Infinity's and an even better deal as the Kia needs very shallow speakers and Infinity no longer makes a shallow-mount speaker as "thin" as the 6522's.

Bought 2 CDT Audio HD-690BES 6x9s for the rear deck on the 04'. Its a struggle to find speakers that are somewhat ok with the stock setup for the 04' due to it having a 1-ohm setup courtesy of Bose. Gonna see how they perform when they arrive. They cost $270 shipped and I will get them on Thursday hopefully. Finally purchased the P-AWS actuators for the 14'. By far the worst part of owning this car due to the cost. One has shipped out, waiting on Acura for the other one. Finally gonna be able to drive this thing in the summer again.

Now it's just a waiting game. Hopefully, having keys cut to the VIN will solve the issue. I should have gone thru the parts catalog a bit more closely and bought the complete lock set with keys (~$200 +freight). 😑 I guess this now the fall back.

scan_20240401155156_b.jpg

Bought 2 CDT Audio HD-690BES 6x9s for the rear deck on the 04'. Its a struggle to find speakers that are somewhat ok with the stock setup for the 04' due to it having a 1-ohm setup courtesy of Bose. Gonna see how they perform when they arrive. They cost $270 shipped and I will get them on Thursday hopefully. Finally purchased the P-AWS actuators for the 14'. By far the worst part of owning this car due to the cost. One has shipped out, waiting on Acura for the other one. Finally gonna be able to drive this thing in the summer again.

I'm curious how those turn out, keep us posted. The the HK system in my Regal uses 2-ohm speakers, and the rear "woofers" really struggle below 50hz or so. I've been looking for an aftermarket solution without much luck but these CDT's look promising.

I'm curious how those turn out, keep us posted. The the HK system in my Regal uses 2-ohm speakers, and the rear "woofers" really struggle below 50hz or so. I've been looking for an aftermarket solution without much luck but these CDT's look promising.
Ok. Funnily enough, another 04' owner on Acurazine wants to know as well.

PVC valves for the Highlander; from RA. Even after installing BA parts since the 1970's, I've yet to get a bad part from BA (that I know of). Made in Japan is a plus.

After seeing oil filled intake on the LS400, I'm a little paranoid (irrational) about PCV function. In my experience, just because it shakes, doesn't mean they're still functioning. I figure just change them every other oil change or thereabouts.

20240402_154428_resized.jpg

PVC valves for the Highlander; from RA. Even after installing BA parts since the 1970's, I've yet to get a bad part from BA (that I know of). Made in Japan is a plus.

After seeing oil filled intake on the LS400, I'm a little paranoid (irrational) about PCV function. In my experience, just because it shakes, doesn't mean they're still functioning. I figure just change them every other oil change or thereabouts.

View attachment 211908

Good chance those are OE parts if they're in BA boxes and made in Japan. Good score.

Back