Post your latest parts purchase

Oops... XD

IMG_20200401_073309.jpg

Entire rear sub frame off a wrecked 2012 Mazda6 from a local junkyard to replace the rusted rear sub frame on my 2011 Mazda6.
List price from dealer $2,900
Internet Price for new sub frame: $1,800
Junk yard Price: $149

Denso air, oil, and cabin filters. Driver's side sun visor; hood prop rod hold down clamp; hood prop rod grommet; air intake snorkel; Rain-x expert fit beam type wiper blades.

Not all at once, in one order, but over the past few months.

Front left power window regulator for a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero. Could not just replace the plastic clips that break, since a wheel that guides the cable is also broken.

Subaru OE rear hub assemblies. If the problem is only the rear left one, I'll return the second one.

Still waiting for the OE axle to replace the front right one that's clicking in right turns...

Raybestos Element3 brake pads for my 2016 Wrangler or 2008 Liberty. I grabbed a set of front and rear pads, both vehicles call for the same part.

Reactions: JC1
I bought some Bosch Micro Edge windshield wiper blades for my daughter's car today. I've had no problems with Bosch in the past. I've never used the Micro Edge version. They should do fine even though I got them a little cheaper than the last set. The reviews were good.

Copper brake coil, 4 liters of brake fluid, 1 gallon pail of fluid film and some spring bolts for the civic. Also purchased new wheel cylinders, rubber hoses and emergency brake cables before that from Rockauto Been an expensive month parts wise, but this is the first time the these parts are being replaced on a 23 year old car.

Ok, here we go. One AC Delco high pressure power steering hose for a 2011 Yukon. Two Gates low pressure return hoses, one from steering gear to PS cooler and one from PS cooler back to reservoir. One AC Delco diff cover gasket. This one was debatable because the original is probably reusable if in good shape. I found the AC Delco return hoses were priced a bit high for the non molded return hoses, so I purchased Gates brand for half the cost.

Last edited:
At work, rebuilt PCM for a 2005 Suburban. Trying to get a sealed Cardone reman now. The last AC Delco one had been opened and hot potatoed from dealer to dealer, so not even going to bother putting it in the truck. Might be able to send it out, I think to Cardone (GM just gives the address), but the last time was unsuccessful on our 7.4L Kodiak POS.

On my own vehicles, a fuel pump relay from O'Reilly's for the Explorer. The pump would keep running with the key off!

Pierburg intake manifold. The common Mercedes M272 problem strikes, got an error code on my MB specific scanner but it hasn't triggered the CEL yet.

KIT-516475.jpg

Oil filter for the Escape which I already installed, 2 new front brake hoses for my truck and the other side caliper since I couldn’t get one last time due to none being in stock the hoses and the other caliper are 31 years old so that’s why I am replacing them after the other caliper stuck. And then tons of parts for the beetle

Last edited:
Back