Picked up a new 2020 Camry

Congrats. Glad you navigated through the various and worthless dealer packed on items. Best price I've seen for oil filters is at Conicelli Toyota on eBay. It's a PA dealership. Case of 10 Toyota cartridge filters and generic drain plug washers were $34.50 plus tax with free shipping.

Looks pretty sporty and spiffy. What kind of car is it? I mean, I see you typo'd the name and called it a Camry by accident--so, what is it, really?

Congratulations. Toyota has really upped their game on the Camry and it's good timing too as other automakers are stopping production of sedans.

Congrats and super hot color. Many many happy miles motoring ahead!!!
wink.gif

Dale

We have 18 SXE and daughter got a 19 . Really nice cars. Yes that trannys is going to either slip or bang shift on occasion . The new ones probably have the 🙄cure(flash) that make it better . It's one of those learning trannys that picks up your driving habits over a bit. When someone else hops in it can really irk them depending on how they drive. It catches up after a while. The cure for those OCB types is simple. PUT IT IN SPORT MODE🤗. Great idea, it's just to bad that you have to push that button every time you start it. That kinda sucks
Oh well...... folks can live with that or buy the CVT model when it comes out. Unlike all the others🤦ðŸ»â€â™‚ï¸With all the issues Toyota's will have a real gear driving the takeoff section of the trannys range. Of course time will tell and I for one won't go near the first couple production years.

Originally Posted by Gebo
Very nice! I bet you are now glad to listened to your wife....LOL

Two quotes from my wife that partially explains why I have been happily married for over 34 years:

Go ahead and buy the Speed Triple; if you are going to have a midlife crisis I'd prefer that you fool around with something on two wheels as opposed to two legs."

"If you really want that Lotus you should get it."(It was a supercharged Elise set up for track work; it sold the day before I went to look at it.)

Me, I need another car in the Fall as my VW lease is up. I'm either going Classic 60's ( which will retain its value)
Or something "Sporty" in RWD.

In new Hampshire? Is that a good idea?

Originally Posted by dwcopple

Agreed; unless the road is table flat, arrow straight, and bone dry a RWD vehicle is absolutely lethal.
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by MCompact

Originally Posted by dwcopple

Agreed; unless the road is table flat, arrow straight, and bone dry a RWD vehicle is absolutely lethal.
crackmeup2.gif

Remember that some people NEED AWD for even a single rain drop, and FWD is just barely acceptable for such conditions!
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Amkeer
Originally Posted by Kira
Best of luck with it.
Quick question (save me Googling): Is it a real 8 speed or a CVT with 8 plateaus?

Its a 8 speed electronic transmission. It drives real smooth.

A lot of people are complaining about the transmission shift quality. Are you having this issue?

Originally Posted by MCompact
Originally Posted by Gebo
Very nice! I bet you are now glad to listened to your wife....LOL

Two quotes from my wife that partially explains why I have been happily married for over 34 years:

Go ahead and buy the Speed Triple; if you are going to have a midlife crisis I'd prefer that you fool around with something on two wheels as opposed to two legs."

"If you really want that Lotus you should get it."(It was a supercharged Elise set up for track work; it sold the day before I went to look at it.)

Yep. My wife would say: Just make sure that is what you really want, bcs. I do not want to listen complaining about it.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
I just saw that it was an SE. that's a really good deal for an SE with Sunroof!

I see on autotrader toyota makes a AWD Camry now and Hybrid.

They have the AWD and the Hybrid model. The Hybrid gets about 40+ MPG.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Enjoy your beautiful Camry. You can probably drive it for a bazillion miles.

Thanks! Its is fun to drive and the plan is to keep it as long as possible.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
That is a seriously beautiful car!!!!

Thanks now if I can get past Love Bug season here I can figure out what to put on it for sealant. The Florida Sun is damaging.

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
Congrats. Glad you navigated through the various and worthless dealer packed on items. Best price I've seen for oil filters is at Conicelli Toyota on eBay. It's a PA dealership. Case of 10 Toyota cartridge filters and generic drain plug washers were $34.50 plus tax with free shipping.

I was surprised to see this has a regular filter as opposed to the cartridge filter that the 2014 Camry and Tundra have. I should be nervous wreck doing the first oil change.

Originally Posted by supton
Looks pretty sporty and spiffy. What kind of car is it? I mean, I see you typo'd the name and called it a Camry by accident--so, what is it, really?

Its a Lambo. We changed the badges.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by PimTac
Congratulations. Toyota has really upped their game on the Camry and it's good timing too as other automakers are stopping production of sedans.

Agreed. I really like sedans. They are fun to drive and economical.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Congrats and super hot color. Many many happy miles motoring ahead!!!
wink.gif

Dale

Thanks Dale! I think a road trip is in order. At some point.

Back