Pet Peeve: My Car Does Not Burn A DROP Of Oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife used to have an 88 Honda Accord with 350k on it.
I used to fill with 4 liters from 4 liter containers for a 5k oci, to dispose of the old oil, i would pour it back into the 4 liter container.
All that would be missing would be 'about' an oil filters worth.

Belive it, or not!

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Pet Peeve: People calling [censored] on stuff I say because they don't want to accept it as the truth.

.. If my car starts using a 1/2 qt of oil in an OCI, I'm going to start looking at what's causing it. "Not a drop"? No.. "No noticeable drop in oil level"? Yes.

Get over it. There are cars out there that don't go through any observable amount of oil in an OCI. Yours may not be one of them, but they're out there. I know because I have one.

+1!

2013 Dodge 3.6 Pentastar V6. 9886 miles. Put in 6 qts. M1 0w-20 last Nov. 2 weeks ago, I changed it and filled the empty 5+1 qt bottles up to the full line . Same thing last oc. Oil went in light amber color, came out medium amber. Truly and amazing motor.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
The oil usage in my engines is 'imperceptible'.

There you go. Mine has never used any measurable amount even with road course track days and oil temps at 300 degrees.

No membership in any stupid club required...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

There you go. Mine has never used any measurable amount even with road course track days and oil temps at 300 degrees.

I agree. This would have been a better response by me as well.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
2013 Dodge 3.6 Pentastar V6. 9886 miles. Put in 6 qts. M1 0w-20 last Nov. 2 weeks ago, I changed it and filled the empty 5+1 qt bottles up to the full line . Same thing last oc. Oil went in light amber color, came out medium amber. Truly and amazing motor.

So the filter media gave up all the oil as well?

My truck, I can pour in 6 quarts of black sludgy diesel oil and 6 months later I drain out light golden oil, truly incredible.

Then I would question your perception.

You guys realize your claims do not necessarily add any resale value to your appliance.

So please just give us a break.

I use the term "Indiscernable". One variable that the OP may not be taking into consideration is that most people with vehicles without noticable consumption do not do 10k+ OCIs.

I count every drop. Same every time
smile.gif

As the oil gets dirty, it allows a little oil past the rings and consumption stops by changing the oil. Maybee these people are changing their oil more than their shorts LOL My Toyota holds 2.5 qts and has used about 8-oz in the past 6-months from short trips in town. I'm not even concerned about oil consumption or leaking (most likely cause).

Originally Posted By: stchman
This is absurd for people to say this. So 6 quarts in and 7500 miles later 6 quarts out? I call manure. ALL engines will use a little bit of oil over the OCI.

My Silverado uses a little over 1/2 a quart every 6500 to 7500 miles. IMO this is an acceptable level of oil consumption.

Get over it... I've had lots of vehicles (and lots more that I exclusively maintain for family members) and I've seen some that burn lots of oil, some that use just a bit, and some that don't APPEAR to use any based on the dipstick reading over the OCI.

Obviously, one can't measure oil that drains out and expect it to be the same as what went in, because the filter holds oil and unless it is completely drained and collected, one would never be able to accurately claim that.

However, I CAN use the dipstick as an indication. On the vehicle in my sig (and my family members have 2 others of the same vehicle as well), they don't appear to use any oil over a 12 month OCI (nearly 13,000 miles). I fill it up right to the upper mark on the dipstick, and it stays there throughout the OCI. I check regularly, and a few days before performing an oil change, and it's always in the same spot, as confirmed by MY OWN EYES.

So don't tell me how much oil my car uses. I could care less what you think. I see for myself that my claims are accurate.

im-per-cep-ti-ble :unnoticeable, undetectable, indistinguishable, indiscernible.......! An 'appliance' that uses no oil WILL typically have more value than an 'appliance' that uses a 'perceptible' amount of said oil.

My car used to consume/leak oil before I replaced all the seals, gaskets and switched to PU. Now I notice no loss that I can see.

Wasn't uncommon for it to be 1/2 to 1 qt low after 5k miles.

My car actually manufactures synthetic 5W30 oil from atmospheric gasses while I drive, kind of like a Pennzoil GTL plant...that explains it.
;^)

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
My car actually manufactures synthetic 5W30 oil from atmospheric gasses while I drive, kind of like a Pennzoil GTL plant...that explains it.
;^)

So if your car is manufacturing synthetic 5W-30 oil and we pump it into my truck's engine that actually cleans dirty oil, would we have everlasting super oil?

This is absurd for people to say this. So 6 quarts in and 7500 miles later 6 quarts out? I call manure. ALL engines will use a little bit of oil over the OCI.

My Silverado uses a little over 1/2 a quart every 6500 to 7500 miles. IMO this is an acceptable level of oil consumption.

You need to find something worthwhile to get your panties in a twist over.

I am also one of those that will confirm that my 1999 GS400 doesn't use any perceptible oil ACCORDING to the dipstick, and I do a yearly OCI in this V8.

I initially thought this thread was about how it was disadvantageous that your engine burns no oil, if you do really long OCI's
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
I would not go hunting or go into business or to war with anyone who claims their engine doesn't burn a drop.

They're either lying sacks, or not very bright.

Agreed, I had some yahoo tell me that his car takes 4 quarts and he drained exactly 4 quarts back out when he changed it 5K miles later. Whatever, I guess he squeezed the filter to get all of the oil back out of it.

Maybe it "felt" like 4 quarts.

I have given up pointing out idiot's errors, it seems to do no good.

Did you guys find each other on eHarmony?

No, the IQs over 100 club.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

I agree. This would have been a better response by me as well.

Ha.

IQ over 100 eh.

Considering the consistent application of "bull" that turt consistently draws from this is one topic where I'd ask for proof of membership to such a club.

Funny thing. My friend just bought a Grand Prix. 3.8l engine. 300000 miles on the odo. Car was burning about a quart every oil change of 5000 miles.
A bottle of rislone and an mmo piston soak done by me and the last 5000 mile interval showed no perceptible oil loss. Oil filter was used twice so no loss in it when measuring what went in vs what came out.
So this very high mile motor went from mildly consuming oil to no consumption,fuel had no smell of fuel and I couldn't get it to burn when exposed to open flame.
My charger and trucks consume no oil whatsoever. Maybe the mos2 reduces the likelyhood
About that hunting trip I'm very clumsy. The likelyhood of an accident is pretty high.
As is with everything turtle writes. Keep the salt handy,and the shovel.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
;^)

So if your car is manufacturing synthetic 5W-30 oil and we pump it into my truck's engine that actually cleans dirty oil, would we have everlasting super oil?

Yes...AND that super oil would be rich in synthetic pheromones that would make us irresistible to all the hottest women!
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back