Pennzoil 0w-16 is Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: beanoil
'How about putting the cars on a diet, instead of trying to reduce friction in the oil?"

It was done long ago..
Remember the Civic?
1995 Honda Civic HB

Highway MPG: 50

My 1970 Subaru 360 was in the mid 60’s at lower highway speeds

My some engine kill switch activity in city driving I could sometimes get near 100mpg

Hi john_pifer,

Pennzoil 0W-16 1-quart and 5-quart bottles will hit the shelves in June 2018 in both United States & Canada.

Thanks,
Gena & The Pennzoil Team

Originally Posted By: racin4ds
LOL all you thin oil bandwagon members rejoice!!!! Funny to see so many here saying NOPE, but yet you're an advocate of 0W20!

Not this fella!! I'll NEVER run anything thinner than a 5W30 in ANY vehicle ANYwhere!

I reckon most are saying "Nope" because they don't have anything to run it in. Virtually nobody does, yet.

I have zero problem running 0w20 in my cars that need it and if I own one that was built for 0w4 one day, I won't have any issue running that either.

I would hope most people wouldn't dump 0w16 in a vehicle requiring a 40 wt oil to try and get 1 more mpg.

Would it work in a sewing machine? I’ve always dreamt to use one with API certification.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
CAFE has no hold on me. As a result, I will use whatever the rest of the world specs for that specific engine and it never is a 20wt and definitely won't be a 16wt oil.

In 1978 I went reverse of you. My engine called for 10-40 but I started using M1 5-20. Great stuff then and still is.

Originally Posted By: GenaFishbeck
Pennzoil 0W-16 1-quart and 5-quart bottles will hit the shelves in June 2018 in both United States & Canada. Thanks, Gena & The Pennzoil Team
Too soon. Only 3 new car models, which usually get serviced at the dealership anyway, can use it. Need to wait another year.

30+ years ago, when the auto makers were pushing 5w30 (per CAFE), the old timers were saying that the roads will soon be clogged with broken down vehicles due to this "thin" oil.

Now you guys think 5w30 is automotive elixir.

So funny.

Originally Posted By: chainblu
30+ years ago, when the auto makers were pushing 5w30 (per CAFE), the old timers were saying that the roads will soon be clogged with broken down vehicles due to this "thin" oil.

So funny.
Weren't those old 5w-30s pretty poor? Those old timers were onto something I think. Anyway, I'll take a 3.5+ HTHS 10W-30 syn or blend as my elixir.

So funny.

30 years later, most manufacturers still can’t make engines that properly lubricate with a plain API SN 5W30 oil, and we’re assisting to a malignant proliferation of house specs and certifications....

So funny.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: hatt

So funny.
Weren't those old 5w-30s pretty poor? Those old timers were onto something I think. Anyway, I'll take a 3.5+ HTHS 10W-30 syn or blend as my elixir.

Between a couple of Mitsubishi’s, I put over 300k using those poor 5w30 oils.

Yes, this argument is never ending.

Originally Posted By: JoelB
So many old foggies scared of change. Pretty funny to read.

Age has nothing to do with it. The thin vs thick debate has a couple of these threads a week.

Originally Posted By: nap

30 years later, most manufacturers still can’t make engines that properly lubricate with a plain API SN 5W30 oil, and we’re assisting to a malignant proliferation of house specs and certifications....

So funny.
crazy.gif

Where did you come up with that?

Originally Posted By: tig1
CAFE has no hold on me. As a result, I will use whatever the rest of the world specs for that specific engine and it never is a 20wt and definitely won't be a 16wt oil.

In 1978 I went reverse of you. My engine called for 10-40 but I started using M1 5-20. Great stuff then and still is.

But those were vastly different oils to what they are now...remember.

M1 was a high HTHS Monograde (which met 5W), and the 10W40s were next to useless...

It's an apples to duckegg comparison.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: tig1

But those were vastly different oils to what they are now...remember.

M1 was a high HTHS Monograde (which met 5W), and the 10W40s were next to useless...

It's an apples to duckegg comparison.

So what! That's the way it was back then. Your chart is useless(charts like yours can be made to fit anyone's opinion) in respect to the vast difference in actual benefits that the M1 5-20 had over the dino 10-40. At least in my application.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back