Pennzoil 0w-40 SRT oil question?

Hi I have a bunch of these two oils Pennzoil 0w-40 Ultra Classic and 0w-40 Ultra Platinum, both are API SN and have a Chrysler MS-12633 specification and are marketed for SRT motors. I want to find out how to figure out if either of these oils have friction modifiers. I emailed Pennzoil and I haven't heard back.

IMG_6176.jpeg

IMG_6178.jpeg

I remember when this Oil was a Bitog Favorite, just use it. since this oil is marketed for an SRT Motor, just use it.

All engine oils should contain some friction modifier. These oils wouldn't pass the API SN fuel economy tests without it. If a UOA of these oils show some molybdenum, they have friction modifier. If it doesn't contain moly, it probably just uses a non-metallic friction modifier.

I want to find out how to figure out if either of these oils have friction modifiers. I emailed Pennzoil and I haven't heard back.
Yes, they do, in multiple forms - organic and organo-metallic. Leave the bottles in the warm sun for about thirty minutes, shake well, and use.

I want to use it in my motorcycle that specs a 10w-40, I am curious about the friction modifiers because of the wet clutch.

All engine oils should contain some friction modifier. These oils wouldn't pass the API SN fuel economy tests without it. If a UOA of these oils show some molybdenum, they have friction modifier. If it doesn't contain moly, it probably just uses a non-metallic friction modifier.
I dont know the that much about oils but Honda brand motorcycle oil used to have molybdenum in it and I even remember back in the early 90's Kal-Gard made a motorcycle oil that had so much molybdenum in it that it was black going in so I'm pretty sure thats stuff is ok with wet clutches

Back