Original Fram Ultra Synthetic Sightings

For those who have Fram tattoos , post your “Last of Us” sightings.
Here are some 3976A filters at Wally World in Cranbrook.

3F4ED0C1-2719-435E-BEF5-FBE4AE31EC63.jpeg

Last edited:
For those who have Fram tattoos , post your “Last of Us” sightings.
Here are some 3976A filters at Wally World in Cranbrook.

View attachment 145280
One of my Walmart's stil has Xtended Gaurd's on the shelf in that size, I guess 7.3 PSD owners in general aren't buying the expensive long drain filters since you have to change the oil every 3-5k anyways since HEUI beats the hell out the oil in them.

One of my Walmart's stil has Xtended Gaurd's on the shelf in that size, I guess 7.3 PSD owners in general aren't buying the expensive long drain filters since you have to change the oil every 3-5k anyways since HEUI beats the hell out the oil in them.
And Fram never offered a XG/Ultra for the 6.0L PSD either so what you're saying is probably true. Another comment I've heard from industry experts is that the TG type lines are big enough that capacity & efficiency wise the more expensive ones just weren't needed.

The XG10358 cartridge is still consistently metal-screen-backed synthetic media, same as always. I bought one just last week.

I should organize the OG stash...
I keep mine in the big zip lock bags I got from all the pricing error oil from Walmart in 2021. I've got 3x 3600s, 3x 9837s that are new enough to be in the last version of the packaging that says "Durable Metal Screen", 4x 9018 cartridges that I think are still made the same, 5x 2014-2016 era XG3593A, 2x Dual Layer Xtended Gaurd 3593As, and 4x 2011-2015 era 2870As, It'll probably be a while before I get to the 3600s since I use the 2870As on the car I got the 3600s for.

The 3976A models fit the Cummins Ram Trucks. I’ve seen one guy here run them on his truck but that was about it.

The 3976A models fit the Cummins Ram Trucks. I’ve seen one guy here run them on his truck but that was about it.
I mixed it up with the 3786 they're both big and don't move that well, I think it's the 3786 where one of my local Walmarts had three Xtended Guards still on the shelf from around 2009.

Back