One word you can not pronounce correctly

It's been explained to me that in New York you pock the caw, but in Boston you pack the cah.

I would add that my friend from Nova Scotia would pairk the care.

I think the only tough one for me is Worcestershire. Luckily we are accent-less here in AZ. No, I refuse to believe it's just another accent :ROFLMAO:

From the book “How To Speak Southern”,
and
“More How To Speak Southern”

Caint: Cannot. “Ah just caint understand why this checkbook won’t balance.”

Carry: To convey from one place to another, usually by automobile. “Can you carry me down to the store in yo’ car?”

Cawse: Cause, usually preceded in the South by the adjective “lawst” (lost). “The War Between the States was a lawst cawse.”

Cayut: A furry animal much beloved by little girls but detested by adults when it engages in mating rituals in the middle of the night. “Be sure to put the cayut outside before you go to bed.”

Cent: The plural of cent. “You paid five dollars for that necktie? Ah wouldn’t give fifty cent for it.”

Chalstun: A city in South Carolina that Yankees call the Cradle of Secession. “Ah don’t know why they’re so upset. All we wanted was Fort Sumter back.”

Cheer: A piece of furniture used for sitting. “Pull up a cheer and set a spell.”

Chekatawlfarya?: An expression that is rapidly disappearing because of the gasoline shortage, but one that still may be heard by baffled Yankees at service stations in small Southern towns. It translates as “Check that oil for you?”

Chimbley: What smoke comes out of. “Ah bleeve that chimbley’s stopped up.”

Chitlins: It is said that there are two things you should never see being made: laws and sausages. Chitlins are another. Chitlins, which can smell up the whole county when being cooked, are boiled and fried hog intestines. Delicious, if you can forget what they are. “Ah’ll have another plate of them chitlins.”

Chunk: To throw. “Chunk it in there, Leroy. Ole Leroy sure can chunk ’at ball, can’t he? Best pitcher we ever had.”

Claws: An appendage to a legal document. “You’d be advised to study that claws very carefully.”

Clawth: A woven material from which clothes are made. “Let me have three yards of that clawth, please.”

Clone: A type of scent men put on themselves. “What’s that clone you got on, honey?”

Co-cola: The soft drink that started in Atlanta and conquered the world. “Ah hear they even sell Co-cola in Russia.”

Collards: A variety of kale, also known as greens. Southerners love them cooked with fatback, also known as the bacon that didn’t quite make it. “Pass the collards, please.”

Collie flare: A crisp white vegetable that is surprisingly good once you get past the appearance. “Lots of boxers have collie flare ears.”

Comin’ up a cloud: An approaching storm. “Stay close to the house. It’s comin’ up a cloud.”

Commence to: To start or engage in some activity. “They got in a argyment, and the next thing you know, they commence to fight.”

Commite nigh: To come very close to. “When -Sue--Ann caught her husband kissin’ that waitress from the Blue Moon, she commite nigh killin’ him.”

Contrack: A legal document, usually heavily in favor of the party who draws it up. “It’s just a standard contrack...just sign right here.”

Contrary: Obstinate, perverse. “Cecil’s a fine boy, but she won’t have nothin’ to do with him. She’s just contrary, is all Ah can figure.”

Cooter: A large turtle found in Southern streams that supplemented many Dixie diets when the Yankees came down during Reconstruction and carried off everything that wasn’t bolted down. “Goin’ to the hardware store? Get me some cooter hooks.”

Costes: The price of something. “Don’t buy lettuce if it costes too much.”

Crawss: The symbol of Christianity. “Ah love to hear ’em sing ‘The Ole Rugged Crawss’.”

Crine: Weeping. “What’s that girl crine about?”

Cuss: Profane language, or a malediction. “The Hope Diamond has got a cuss on it.”

Cut awf: To switch off. “It’s too bright in here, honey. Why don’t we cut awf that light bub?”

Cut the fool: To behave in a silly or foolish manner. “Quit cuttin’ the fool and do your homework.”

Cyst: To render aid. “Can Ah cyst you with those packages, ma’am?”
You left out...fixin' to...

i.e., I'm fixin' to go to the store...need anything?

My wife has very good diction but she has just one word that she mispronounces. When she says "sixth" it sounds like "sith" or sometimes "sis-th".

You left out...fixin' to...

i.e., I'm fixin' to go to the store...need anything?
Don't forget "All'y'all" which is the plural of "y'all" which in turn is the plural of "ya", meaning "you".

"All'y'all kids best get yer bikes off'in the driveway afore I run 'em over."

The proper usage of "All'y'alI" varies regionally. In many places in the south, "All'y'all" is improper if used to address fewer than 4 individuals. In other regions folks would consider it unnecessarily formal for fewer than 5 individuals.

JUDGE: You strangled that man and chewed his face off. Do you have anything to say?

ME: Your Honor, he said "duck tape" one time too many for me.
It's a joke, of course. Almost every native speaker, other than Walken or Shatner, will for smoothness' sake pronounce duct tape with merely one t as one word. Duck Tape™ and duct tape are homophones and differ only in spelling.

I’ll mispronounce the word ‘peculiar’ sometimes. It’s like I’ve got to stop and think about it before saying it. I end up saying pekeewl-ler.

My wife’s folks and others in her family have what I think is a weird way of pronouncing certain words. They put a long E sound in place of what would be an I sound. For example: Good morneen. Would you like sauseege with your eggs? Did your kids ever take Spaneesh in high school? Here’s a treat for the dog, give it to eem. The dog is sleeping on eese bed.

Drives me nuts.

Back