OJ Simpson Dead at 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prolly not too many upset by this.
Depends when you learned about OJ.

Football star?

Movie star?

Murder trial star?

Most of the public only knew the latter, but he was more than that.

Depends when you learned about OJ.

Football star?

Movie star?

Murder trial star?

Most of the public only knew the latter, but he was more than that.
Your forgot:

Armed Robber?

Kidnapper?

I'm old enough to have known OJ for all those things. One's admiration for someone as accomplished as he was, can quickly be tarnished, if not totally faded away, when the weight of later actions are all considered.

Regardless, I feel for anyone, and their loved ones, who suffers through cancer.

I grew up watching the 90s trial, it was certainly memorable. If there was any doubt in anyone's mind, his Vegas robbery conviction should have sealed the murder verdict. Have a restless rest.

I won’t go into the more contentious aspects of his life. I do remember getting a chidren’s book on sports, and one of the stories was about his NFL single season rushing record. I was a child of the 80s, and that was when he was still doing Hertz commercials (apparently his biggest source of income in retirement) as well as Monday Night Football. My dad took me to MNF preseason game in the 80s and as we left someone was apparently yelling at the limo that picked him up at the end of the game, trying to get his attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back