Oil stash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Peter_480

I don't really get it either. I have a small stash, 4 5-quart containers and 4 oil filters for my 2 vehicles. At factory OCI's that's more than 2 years worth of supply. [/url]
Many with a stash have 4-5 or more vehicles that they change oil for, as well as different sump sizes.
I can get an oil change for $21 at Walmart.

The oil change I just did in my sisters car cost me a total of qt Castrol Magnatec Syn 5w-30).
My truck's current fill was free.
Brother in laws truck change I did last month was $4 (Bosch Distance + filter, 7 qts of Castrol Magnatec 5w-20)
My motorcycle's last change (and next 5) cost me $4 (4 qts Peak 15w-40 Syn blend and a Toughguard filter)
Wife's upcoming change next week is the most expensive, $10 (4 qts Mobil 1 EP 0w-20, Wix made Carquest Blue filter).

That is 5 vehicle changes that cost less than your 1 at Walmart.

Yes... I have an oil stash...I can change ... If i have to ... I guess... >> Red Green.. [ for us Canucks..]

I have 70 Lt. on hand .. always... 50/50 5-20 and 5-30
is it OCD..??? Flipping right it is...!!! I just cant pass up a sale + a rebate.. all PP and PPU.

getting ready to do an OCI on the MDX before winter... OLM is close to 50%.. why?? because i dont feel like doing an OCI in Feb when its -20... getting too old for that rubbish... do it before the real cold rolls in, and then again for spring / summer/ fall.
The TL OCI, is once a year, in the spring, when the garage thaws.. it gets 6-8k Km for the year.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2K2AcuraTL
Yes... I have an oil stash...I can change ... If i have to ... I guess... >> Red Green.. [ for us Canucks..]

is it OCD..??? Flipping right it is...!!! I just cant pass up a sale + a rebate.. all PP and PPU.

getting ready to do an OCI on the MDX before winter... OLM is close to 50%.. why?? because i dont feel like doing an OCI in Feb when its -20... getting too old for that rubbish... do it before the real cold rolls in, and then again for spring / summer/ fall.
The TL OCI, is once a year, in the spring, when the garage thaws.. it gets 6-8k Km for the year.

Where do you buy your oil? The only easy place to buy Max life Products is Walmart and their selection is [censored]. I also live in Ottawa. I get a bit of a deal at Partsource so I buy there most of the time.

Normally have 5 5L jugs on hand, with a couple filters for each vehicle. I stock up when sales happen.

I liked having a few quarts on hand, but during this QSUD clearnce, I see now the benefit to "hoarding" the oil.

If my out of pocket expense ends up being ~$40 for over 100 qts of quality synthetic, then that's a deal that'll benefit me GREATLY down the road. It's not like I am going to just stop driving a vehicle requiring oil. 5w30 is what I mostly purchased as it's versatile, especially in FL. I do have some 0w20 up to 10w40 as well.

$40 would net me two oil changes regurlarly... now I have enough oil for 20
laugh.gif

Where do you buy your oil? The only easy place to buy Max life Products is Walmart and their selection is [censored]. I also live in Ottawa. I get a bit of a deal at Partsource so I buy there most of the time.

Normally have 5 5L jugs on hand, with a couple filters for each vehicle. I stock up when sales happen. [/quote]

Yes.. agreed Wallyworld selection is rubbish............
I get all my oil at CdnTire... PartSourse is not close at hand.. it seems that PP /PPU is on sale 40% off about once a month... even though the rebate stickers are not on the 5lt jugs lately... the promotion is still valid. go to Pennzoil.ca and you can do the rebate online and upload an image of your receipt.. and yes it does take 6-8 weeks to see the rebate.

J.

I loved when Red made an easy chair out of old tires.
Put a bucket in the hole in the seat so he'd be ready for flu season...

Yes.. agreed Wallyworld selection is rubbish............
I get all my oil at CdnTire... PartSourse is not close at hand.. it seems that PP /PPU is on sale 40% off about once a month... even though the rebate stickers are not on the 5lt jugs lately... the promotion is still valid. go to Pennzoil.ca and you can do the rebate online and upload an image of your receipt.. and yes it does take 6-8 weeks to see the rebate.

J.

I get a commercial discount at partsource so it is worth it for me to make the drive. But you can't beat that sale price at CT sometimes. I don't like that they changed ALL the jugs to yellow, it used to be so easy to identify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back