Oil seal puller

Getting to be time to do a timing belt (well past it actually) and I've long suspected that I have a front main oil seal weep. Want to say as a teenager I used sheet rock screws for this... I think I can afford better now, even if it's going to be used once a decade.

Would Lisle 58430 be reasonable, or overkill?

1688935879582.jpg

1688935896735.jpg

If its the camry 2.2 in your signature dont forget the seal and o-ring for the oil pump while you have the covers off
Nope, won't forget to do those, did them last time, plan to do again. Elected to skip the cam and main seals then, as they looked fine... have had a leak of some sort for a long time now. One of them is kaput so I'll probably do all this time around.

Fancy kit! but reminds me that what goes out has to go back in, a seal driver might be good to have (assuming my sockets aren't the right size).

I prefer screws and a pair of pliers to a puller like that to be honest. That said, I really like this kit for removing and installing oil seals. https://www.jbtools.com/pbt-70960-c...XC8nxNH5eNgpi8hMD0hnnV5EmhBJ5hsoaArRJEALw_wcB If its the camry 2.2 in your signature dont forget the seal and o-ring for the oil pump while you have the covers off
I used this, and it worked, but why chrome plating? They should have left the fingers with black oxide. Anything to hinder slippage.

I have the exact Lisle 58430, it still needs alot of effort to punch through the seal, but it works.

Back