Oil for tuned/modded E63 AMG

I reached out on their website a day or two ago and haven't heard back. Is there a better way to get in touch?
Try a private message (called a “conversation” by Xenforo, but it is still a message and assuredly private) to @High Performance Lubricants

I’m running HPL in most of my cars. Including engine oil, gear oil and transmission fluid.

David and the team make a superior product. When you factor in the longer drain interval, it’s not a “cost is no object” decision, it becomes cost competitive.

See @wwillson threads on his in service analysis.

Try a private message (called a “conversation” by Xenforo, but it is still a message and assuredly private) to @High Performance Lubricants

I’m running HPL in most of my cars. Including engine oil, gear oil and transmission fluid.

David and the team make a superior product. When you factor in the longer drain interval, it’s not a “cost is no object” decision, it becomes cost competitive.

See @wwillson threads on his in service analysis.
Thank you. I'm going to do a short 500 mile service interval myself with M1 FS Euro 5W40 ($24/5QT at local Walmart currently) and some Liqui Moly additives while I wait for whatever I order from HPL to ship and come in after Christmas. Do a 24 hr drain then fill with the HPL.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Thank you. I'm going to do a short 500 mile service interval myself with M1 FS Euro 5W40 ($24/5QT at local Walmart currently) and some Liqui Moly additives while I wait for whatever I order from HPL to ship and come in after Christmas. Do a 24 hr drain then fill with the HPL.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!
WHY? Why 500mls and additives? You have all additives you need in M1.

WHY? Why 500mls and additives? You have all additives you need in M1.
Because I haven't tried any M1 before and was recommended it extensively here haha and the MBWorld forum guys sing the praises of Liqui Moly Cera Tec for the M157 engine. So, $75 down the hole for an experiment is worth it for me. I'll be doing some roll racing, drag racing, and a little ~200 mile roundtrip over the Christmas break.

Because I haven't tried any M1 before and was recommended it extensively here haha and the MBWorld forum guys sing the praises of Liqui Moly Cera Tec for the M157 engine. So, $75 down the hole for an experiment is worth it for me. I'll be doing some roll racing, drag racing, and a little ~200 mile roundtrip over the Christmas break.
If you are running the Ceratec, I'd run it for more than 500 miles.

What are you looking for in your experiment?

How long would you say? I could add a drive or two to my week and get around 1K-1.2K miles.
No idea, may want to reach out to LM. Mainly it's just a somewhat expensive additive so I'd make sure you follow the directions for something like that.

You'll find far fewer fans of additives on this forum, lol. Generally, the view is that oils are fully formulated products and introducing unknowns is unlikely to improve upon that. At best, the expectation should be one of no harm with respect to the now totally untested and unapproved mix created.

Back