Oil + filter hoarders

You know who you are. Let's see those proud stashes of fresh full jugs of virgin oil, those crates and boxes overflowing with oil filters. Proudly display your oil & filter acquisition disorder (OFAD) symptoms! 😂

Last edited:
Mobil oil bought 8-2021.JPG

Bought 2 years ago this month for 45 cents a jug.

Mine are all in different spots lol. So no together pictures lol. We have tons of oil filters too for vehicles we don’t even own. My only comment I will say is me and my dad believed and still believe that spin on filters will go away. We bought majority of them between the end of 2020 and the beginning of 2021. He was thinking we could sell them for $$$ but so far they haven’t appeared to go away lol. I probably have 50 oil filters maybe. And about 20 for vehicles we own or work on. Who knows what the rest fit lol.

I'm not taking a picture, but I'll share my inventory:

Storage

Mobil 1 FS X2 5W-50 qt- 18
Mobil 1 FS 5W-40 qt - 1
Mobil 1 FS 5W-40 5qt - 1
Mobil 1 15W-50 qt - 18
Castrol Edge 5W-50 qt - 18
Castrol Edge High Mileage 0W-20 5qt - 11
Carquest Synthetic 0W-40 qt - 18
Carquest Synthetic 5W-40 qt - 18
Carquest Synthetic HDEO gal - 6
Shell Rotella T6 0W-40 gal- 4
Shell Advance Ultra 4T 15W-50 qt- 4
Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40 5qt - 4
Valvoline Maxlife 5W-30 5qt - 3
Rotella T5 15W-40 5gal - 1
Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 gal - 4
Total Quartz Ineo Longlife 5W-30 qt - 11
Total Quartz Ineo MC3 5W-30 L - 15
Total Quartz 9000 Energy 5W-40 L - 2
Total Quartz 9000 Energy 5W-40 5L - 2
Total Quartz Ineo Xtra Dynamics L - 2
Total Quartz Ineo Xtra Dynamics 5L - 2

Garage

Rotella T4 15W-40 2.5 gal - 1
Valvoline Synthetic 5W-40 qt - 1
Castrol Edge High Mileage 0W-20 5qt - 1
Castrol Edge Extended Performance 5W-30 5qt - 2
Castrol Edge Extended Perfromance 5W-30 qt - 2
Quaker State Synthetic 5W-30 5qt - 1
Idemitsu TLS-LV ATF qt - 4
Castrol Transmax High Mileage ATF qt - 1

Last edited:
45¢ a jug?? Tell us a story!
Walmart had a clearance sale with free shipping. Some people here claim it was taking advantage of an error on Walmart's part, but if that was the case, they would have cancelled the order. I think it was to clear inventory to make room for new product, and being hazardous waste, they couldn't just throw it out. It would have cost more for them to dispose of it legally through a licensed hazardous waste facility then to sell it for what they did.

Walmart had a clearance sale with free shipping. Some people here claim it was taking advantage of an error on Walmart's part, but if that was the case, they would have cancelled the order. I think it was to clear inventory to make room for new product, and being hazardous waste, they couldn't just throw it out. It would have cost more for them to dispose of it legally through a licensed hazardous waste facility then to sell it for what they did.
Yah right........

Yah right........
lol, you know Walmart could have just cancelled the order and called it a pricing error right? it happens all the time, especially on such a large order, if it was an error on their end, I highly doubt they would have shipped out such a large order and taken that loss.

lol, you know Walmart could have just cancelled the order and called it a pricing error right? it happens all the time, especially on such a large order, if it was an error on their end, I highly doubt they would have shipped out such a large order and taken that loss.
Quite sure Wal mart didn't know they had a pricing error.

I haven't had a big supply in awhile. That'll change when I go away from the services at the dealer. I'm almost at the end of my warranty and then it's time to throw mods at it and do my own oil changes, assuming I don't buy a new one.

Walmart has cancelled orders....when they caught the mistake.
Walmart makes mistakes all the time on our grocery orders. Being a software developer, it's hard to catch every thing, especially if you're transitioning from one system to another. I blame the QA analysts. 😂

I'm not taking a picture, but I'll share my inventory:

Storage

Mobil 1 FS X2 5W-50 qt- 18
Mobil 1 FS 5W-40 qt - 1
Mobil 1 FS 5W-40 5qt - 1
Mobil 1 15W-50 qt - 18
Castrol Edge 5W-50 qt - 18
Castrol Edge High Mileage 0W-20 5qt - 11
Carquest Synthetic 0W-40 qt - 18
Carquest Synthetic 5W-40 qt - 18
Carquest Synthetic HDEO gal - 6
Shell Rotella T6 0W-40 gal- 4
Shell Advance Ultra 4T 15W-50 qt- 4
Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40 5qt - 4
Valvoline Maxlife 5W-30 5qt - 3
Rotella T5 15W-40 5gal - 1
Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 gal - 4
Total Quartz Ineo Longlife 5W-30 qt - 11
Total Quartz Ineo MC3 5W-30 L - 15
Total Quartz 9000 Energy L - 2
Total Quartz 9000 Energy 5L - 2
Total Quartz Ineo Xtra Dynamics L - 2
Total Quartz Ineo Xtra Dynamics 5L - 2

Garage

Rotella T4 15W-40 2.5 gal - 1
Valvoline Synthetic 5W-40 qt - 1
Castrol Edge High Mileage 0W-20 5qt - 1
Castrol Edge Extended Performance 5W-30 5qt - 2
Castrol Edge Extended Perfromance 5W-30 qt - 2
Quaker State Synthetic 5W-30 5qt - 1
Idemitsu TLS-LV ATF qt - 4
Castrol Transmax High Mileage ATF qt - 1
You've got your own oil store right there. Choices!!

I used to stash a decent amount of oil for the vehicles I regularly serviced. Then this forum I frequent started locking all the threads in their rebates section 🤷‍♂️

Last time I bought in bulk I picked up 24 quarts of Schaefer’s for $4/qt at a thrift store.

I'm guessing the folks that cry foul on deals like this are just the ones that missed out on them. My grocery store makes pricing errors, to the customers determent, most any time I shop there. So I'm not too concerned if a billion dollar company has an error the other way, not that I think they did.
Nobody is crying foul. Just not buying the narrative for a single second that the .45 for four quarts of name brand common flavor motor oil was a "clearance". If one believes that- they are lying to themselves.

Or as Mike Ditka might say "who ya c********"

Back