OEMassive oil filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious if anyone has tried OEMassive oil filters? I've seen them for about $1.60 a filter vs. $4.30 OEM.

Of course, $2.70 not worth the risk if they're no good. But, curious if anyone has tried one out.

The two most important attributes of an oil filter are that they don’t mechanically fail (tear or fall apart inside) and the efficiency rating. What do you know about either one of those?

The two most important attributes of an oil filter are that they don’t mechanically fail (tear or fall apart inside) and the efficiency rating. What do you know about either one of those?
Thanks. I don't know anything about either one on the filter. Just trying to figure out whether it's worth going down the least expensive possible route I could find vs. OEM. The least expensive route results in a savings of $90.64 per year (assuming 4 oil changes at 3 months or 3,000 miles). I wouldn't go down the least expensive route unless I was confident it was unlikely it could result in potential engine damage.

1686968776840.jpg

Meet in the middle, Kirkland oil with a Super Tech filter or the like for 3 bucks and change. At least those are known to stay together.

I wouldn’t run a buck 73 filter without at least cutting one first, but then you might as well run the Super Tech you have sacrificed one.

One look at their web page tells me they're not a company I'd buy anything from. A "gmail" business e-mail? No business address listed? Likely an non-functioning telephone number - how much risk are you willing to take for a savings of $1.60?

If you can't afford to change the oil then park the vehicle and ride your bike.

I see Champ filters on RA sometimes that are under $2. I bought a couple for the Cruze and they looked suspiciously similar to the AC Delco I had on hand. Other than something like that I wouldnt risk it.

The Chinese "OEMassive" fails & nukes your engine, you're going to be left holding the "OEMassive" engine bill-no Chinese filter manufacturer is going to honor a warranty claim!
That's why I no like Chinese oil filter, when it nuke my engine, I can't call an American company.

Well, average oil change frequency in the US is about 2 a year, and not 4. So, hyping up cost savings with 4 oil changes means nothing to many of us.

Some of us don't care to support the enemy. As such, my primary filter choices are made in the USA or Europe. I still have the freedom to pick what I want and don't mind paying for it.

So, I would never use OEmassive filters. But, their pricing does show the profit margin that walfart and local autopartripoff stores are making on some. Jobber filters for the masses!!!!!

I also look around at the office, and up and down the street, and truly don't know anyone DIY'ing either. The very few of us, that are left, just have a little more dirt under our nails, and usually aren't trying to cut every possible price point.

Someone online stated the OEnotsomassive is just another reboxer/relabeler and doesn't manufacture anything either. Tired of those companies and avoid them too. So sad!

Well, average oil change frequency in the US is about 2 a year, and not 4. So, hyping up cost savings with 4 oil changes means nothing to many of us.

No intent on hyping up the cost savings. I had done 5,000 miles / 6 months. But, am now doing to 3,000 miles / 3 months, because I own a car with one of Toyota's fragile 2AR-FE engines that should be over maintained to hopefully avoid or delay the point when it becomes an oil burner. I'm not suggesting using OEMassive, but was curious what other people did. Definitely enough doubt to stay away.

Well, stick with your 4 oil changes. The filter chosen shouldn't be an issue, until the filter fails. Would you like to be the 1st to test that brand's unknown sourced/boxed filters?

Up the grade of oil and quality of oil while you're at it too, and use toptier fuel.

No intent on hyping up the cost savings. I had done 5,000 miles / 6 months. But, am now doing to 3,000 miles / 3 months, because I own a car with one of Toyota's fragile 2AR-FE engines that should be over maintained to hopefully avoid or delay the point when it becomes an oil burner. I'm not suggesting using OEMassive, but was curious what other people did. Definitely enough doubt to stay away.
If you're doing 3000 miles/3 month OCIs, another option would be to use a top tier long life filter like an Endurance (rated for 25K miles) and leave it on for 4 or 5 OCIs which would still be half of its life. It would make the cost of the filter around $3.00 an OCI, and you'd have a top tier filter on the engine.

The Chinese "OEMassive" fails & nukes your engine, you're going to be left holding the "OEMassive" engine bill-no Chinese filter manufacturer is going to honor a warranty claim!
Well, I could have exercised some common sense, and just assumed the worst. But, I had to go ahead and buy one to see for myself. Let’s just say, it’s exactly what you'd expect.

Took it out of the box and squeezed it. Yeah, it’s just like the Car Care Nut showed on his video about counterfeit Toyota parts. You can squeeze it completely with little pressure. See minute 20 of his video.

Oh well. Now I've seen it with my own eyes. Out a few bucks, but I scratched an itch.

Attachments

• IMG-1678.jpg
    IMG-1678.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 20
Well, I could have exercised some common sense, and just assumed the worst. But, I had to go ahead and buy one to see for myself. Let’s just say, it’s exactly what you'd expect.
Where did you buy the counterfeit "Toyota OEM" oil filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back