Oil Filters

Yes it is. You know Advance is making good money on these and they are over three dollars less than what O'Reilly's is charging for the extended Microgard version. Only difference is the Microgard has the textured finish like the Premium Guard branded filters do. Surely that does not cost over 3 dollars. :eek:
Very good info especially for those only needing the "Cartridge" style oil filters. There would be no need to pay the extra $3 for the texture Microgard can. I'm going to visit an AA & look at some for my application to see what they look like. You've peeked my interest even more on these filters. (y)

I called Federated Auto parts, and the price was $7.31 believe it's the same filter. This has the powder coating on the can, like the micro gard.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231205-113027.jpg
    Screenshot_20231205-113027.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 20
The big issue with Amazon isn't customer service within the return window, but rather counterfeit goods and misrepresentation of products from third party sellers. There are a disturbing number of outright dangerous products being sold on Amazon and very little accountability. It is a big enough problem that it was named as a risk to their investors in a SEC filing from 2018.

There is a difference here that makes it easier for Amazon to sidestep responsibility: Most of these products come from third party sellers. This gives them a way out, and it is tough to fight because they have deep pockets so who is going to go after them?

If a fake oil filter from Amazon blows an engine, the overseas seller isn't going to do squat and good luck getting anything from Amazon.
Yes, this is a problem. I always check the seller and make sure it’s a dealer or verified parts store. Read the reviews as well, because they comment if the parts are genuine. But, you must be careful.

I continue to be amazed by the quality of the PremiumGuard Extended/MicroGard Select oil filters. That said, I have no experience using their baseline offerings which seem to be of way lesser quality than the Extended/Select line & made in China vs Vietnam. I've been buying the PremiumGuard Extended 6packs off Amazon for years, then started buying MicroGard Select as needed when an O'Reilly's opened near me & learned they were the same. I decided to give the Fram Synthetic Endurance a shot in my vehicles the last 2 oci's, & have mixed feelings about them. While the Fram is wire backed & has a slightly better micron rating, the two I have cut open were really sloppy looking. Uneven pleats, & excessive glue. The MicroGard Select I cut open last was just as nice looking as all the others I've opened in the past. I prefer the MicroGard Select for my needs, & will be going back. I'm transitioning over to using HPL PCMO for 10k intervals with a filter swap every 5k, & they will hold up just fine. I've currently got a qt of HPL EC30 in both my vehicles before making a full switch to their oil with a Fram Endurance in the Rodeo, & MicroGard Select in the Civic. Looking forward to cutting them open. Will post pics when the time comes in a couple months.

Back