Purolator One PL46128 for 6.7 Powerstroke?

That graph you posted shows the Boss at 99% @ 34um.
And the official M+H/Purolator Spec Sheet shows that same exact filter model with the ISO 4548-12 efficiency at 99% >46 microns.

1711245992827.jpeg

Which you claim is a computer generated model. Wouldn't that make Ascent correct then now wouldn't it...
I said I highly doubt M+H has done a full blow physical ISO test on every filter model they make. If you know anything about computer models, if some of their Spec Sheets are determined by a computer model, then they are probably pretty accurate. Computer models need to be verified by actual testing to determine if the model is accurate or not.

I've discussed a few reasons about how an ISO test can show a +/- efficiency number based on the way the test is setup, and how far the filter is loaded up also has a factor too because of the debris sloughing factor due to dP as the filter loads up. But comparatively, the Boss was the worse in the test that Ascent did with all the filters ran on the same lab equipment, test setup and operational parameters.

I said I highly doubt M+H has done an full blow ISO test on every filter model they make. If you know anything about computer models, if if some of their Spec Sheets are determined by a computer model, then they are probably pretty accurate. Computer models need to be verified by actual testing to determine if the model is accurate or not.

I've discussed a few reasons about how an ISO test can show a +/- efficiency number based on the way the test is setup, and how far the filter is loaded up also has a factor too because of the debris sloughing factor due to dP as the filter loads up. But comparatively, the Boss was the worse in the test that Ascent did with all the filters ran on the same lab equipment and test setup and operational parameters.
lowest efficiency went to the wix. What is the OEM filter efficiency of this 6.7L Power Stroke & how does choosing a Boss filter as a replacement make a person "Ignorant" or have "lower efficiency"?

Anybody seen any testing data on the new Motorcraft 2124S? Would be interesting to see how that stacks up? Or even the 2051S it replaced?

Anybody seen any testing data on the new Motorcraft 2124S? Would be interesting to see how that stacks up? Or even the 2051S it replaced?
No efficiency testing seen. Only thing Motorcraft says is that it meets USCAR-36 which stipulates the efficiency must be 95% @ 30u or better. That would probably translate to around 99% @ 35u.

1711307026002.jpeg

There’s a tear down on YouTube, the new materials used in the 2124S appears to be synthetic vs. the 2051S which was a cellulose/synthetic blend. The 2124S looks very similar to Donaldson P502503 which is 99% @ 15 microns.

Back