North Korea just shot a missile over Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: PimTac
Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
The US should have withdrawn all troops 20 years ago. South Korea is richer with a much better military. Our presence has perpetuated the problem.

The U.S. military presence there is a mere token. If anything it lessons the pressure on Soeul as it continues to increase its defensive capabilities. Also we keep an ever expanding China in check. South Korea, Japan, Tawian, Vietnam, India, Signapore, and a few others prefer a United States influence over the Chinese in The region. The United States is not the catalyst nor is it the cause of the world's provlems.

Technically, the war never ended. This has been a very long Cease Fire but no one has surrendered.

The war ended with an Armistice, but not a formal peace treaty...

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Japan is the one that's all worked up and wanting to fight. Japan is itching to go nuclear on North Korea. I am thinking this is why little countries really shouldn't have nuclear weapons.
I say if Japan wants North Korea let Japan go pick a fight with North Korea if North Korea decides to start shelling South Korea because of Japan where are troops are then that would be bad for North Korea. I am pretty confident they could silence that artillery really fast with what the United States has. China is definitely stirring the pot which is stupid because we have quite a credit card bill with them that we could just blow off and they couldn't do anything about it.

I guess it's all Japan's fault that North Korea is shooting missiles at them...

Originally Posted By: Al
LoneRanger said:
The only country its "really up to " is the U.S. And I believe WE willj determine the final resolution.

Not sure if you've noticed this or not, but lately the United States hasn't determined many "final resolutions" that went well...

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I'd say more, but it might offend the one person on here politically sympathetic with North Korea.

Kim Jong-Un only posts here when he needs to know if he can trust Chinese SAE 30 for his Stalin era military transports.
wink.gif

The United States is not the catalyst nor is it the cause of the world's problems.

Dont know how to answer this....and at the same time dont go to political for this forum....and cause a lockdown of this topic...

Lets have a try...
smile.gif

You are causing that problems.....because you want to be all over the globe....but because of that reason anything you do is only "well done"....everywhere you are you are looking just to achieve your partial goals.....and with that you only destabilize that region on a long term...

So start doing your work correctly......or stop playing your role of global law enforcer....

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
The United States is not the catalyst nor is it the cause of the world's problems.

Dont know how to answer this....

All these aggressor states keep putting their countries next to US bases...pre-emptively in a lot of cases.

This Korea stuff in general has my head spinning...SK involve themselves in patent infringement to their hearts's content, and get money through that channel. NK behave like petulant children and get their money through that door.

I'm worried in that I think this time the petulant child doesn't have any modicum of self moderation, or understanding of how far a game of chicken can go before you are no longer in your (self belief) state of control.

Dont know how to answer this....and at the same time dont go to political for this forum....and cause a lockdown of this topic...

Lets have a try...
smile.gif

You are causing that problems.....because you want to be all over the globe....but because of that reason anything you do is only "well done"....everywhere you are you are looking just to achieve your partial goals.....and with that you only destabilize that region on a long term...

So start doing your work correctly......or stop playing your role of global law enforcer....

No we're not. Are you saying Russia and China aren't wanting to be all over the globe as well? China is in Africa, South America, claiming the entire international waters of the South China Sea trying to bump out Vietnam, Phillipines, Japan, and also wants Bhutan as well and are issuing veiled war threats at India over it, too. Russia wants to annex the Artic, as well as get back all her former Soviet client states (Ukraine, Georgia, et al) plus have a presence in the middle east. We can say "it's all about oil" and be partially correct, but it is also "all about ideology" and be as much or more correct. Expansion of Western constitutional democracy vs. expansion of Eastern totalitarian communism.

The United States inserting itself throughout the world to curve things in it's favor whether they want to admit it or not is what Super powers do. It may go under the guise of backing our allies, keeping peace or whatever but we really know it's to influence and back off any other outside influence. The cold war was all about deviding the planet into "Our Allies" and them.
The Soviets failed miserable and as a result lost border states like Poland to the other side. I don't know why alot of people have issues with it that live in the United States unless you have this feeling of righteousness. Just as a example, Afghanistan doesn't even have the technology to use thier resources so if we don't lay our hands on it someone else will.

Freedom vs enslavement when boiled down to the nuts and bolts of the opposing ideologies involved.

The United States is not the catalyst nor is it the cause of the world's provlems.

LOL. Explain Iraq and the destabilization of country.

Lets have a try...
smile.gif

Are you better off in Slovenia now or when it was under communist rule (if you are old enough to remember communist rule)?

The fact that NK has been able to continue the way it has for so long, is an embarrassment for the world. Take aside the fact they are playing with fire launching missiles over peoples heads (which is a big deal), the human rights violations they commit should be dealt with. There are a couple people at the top holding a nation hostage.

Everyone laughs at their missile attempts, meanwhile their work/death camps function just fine.

Originally Posted By: pbm

Lets have a try...
smile.gif

Are you better off in Slovenia now or when it was under communist rule (if you are old enough to remember communist rule)?

As you can read I did NOT position myself on east side in that conversation
wink.gif
YES Slovenia was part of ex Yugoslavia.....and with that ex Russian satellite.....unfortunately we still have plenty of "Rusofills" in our country.....

And I am old enough that I can remember how it sounds when JNA Mig 21 broke the sound barier in june 1991 over Ljubljana

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
I think Seoul needs to take the lead for a change.
Seoul should ask rest of the world to help take out Kim once and for all.
That way it doesn't fall on the US or Britain or any other county.
Just tell Seoul to start it and we can be right there behind them.

Seoul has expressed desire for other to stop meddling in their affairs and to stop pushing for a war with NK.

Lets have a try...
smile.gif

wink.gif
YES Slovenia was part of ex Yugoslavia.....and with that ex Russian satellite.....unfortunately we still have plenty of "Rusofills" in our country.....

And I am old enough that I can remember how it sounds when JNA Mig 21 broke the sound barier in june 1991 over Ljubljana

I see...

So, one of the problems the US caused was your freedom?

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Originally Posted By: Brybo86
I think Seoul needs to take the lead for a change.
Seoul should ask rest of the world to help take out Kim once and for all.
That way it doesn't fall on the US or Britain or any other county.
Just tell Seoul to start it and we can be right there behind them.

Seoul has expressed desire for other to stop meddling in their affairs and to stop pushing for a war with NK.

Seoul itself would be at tremendous risk from NK artillery.

But since NK is threatening Japan and several other nations, it's not solely Seoul's decision on how to respond.

Originally Posted By: Astro14

I see...

So, one of the problems the US caused was your freedom?

Hahaha........your diplomats were just "kissing their a..." up untill bombing of Belgrade in 1999.....

Meanwhile 150.000 people died and 1Mio went into exhile

Your Dayton agreement in Bosnia is disastrous for the region (balkan) and we are just waiting that bosnia will explode...again....another "well done" bussiness from you..clasp clasp!
As I said before....start doing your job corectlly or stop playing wannabes....

Last edited:

Lets have a try...
smile.gif

wink.gif

Errr no. Yugoslavia was never a Soviet satellite state. Actually there was real threat from Soviets invading Yugoslavia- and yes Americans helped big time at the Stalin time. Yugoslavia was not a NATO member but, also wasn't in Warsaw Pact and there was zero love between Yugoslavians and Soviets. Actually the "West" were our friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back