North Korea just shot a missile over Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that if we took FATSO out with a drone....the people of NK would rejoice just like the boogie men in the Wizard of Oz...."Hail Dorothy"...

It has been a while since bill Clinton gave them money. As soon and more mores is confiscated then redistributed to N Korea this nonsense will stop for a while.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4

These North Koreans are a bunch of flunkies and people shouldn't be the least bit worried about them.

Thats what we thought of Japan before they almost destroyed our Navy at Pearl with equipment superior to ours.

Originally Posted By: Al
That's what we thought of Japan before they almost destroyed our Navy at Pearl with equipment superior to ours.

No comparison. The Japanese were a serious adversary. The North Koreans are a bunch of haphazard misfits that couldn't hit the side of a barn with a sling shot three feet away.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
That's what we thought of Japan before they almost destroyed our Navy at Pearl with equipment superior to ours.

No comparison. The Japanese were a serious adversary. The North Koreans are a bunch of haphazard misfits that couldn't hit the side of a barn with a sling shot three feet away.

When your talking nukes....accuracy isn't that important....close is good enough.
I'm hoping President Trump takes action against this dangerous this man-child

Originally Posted By: pbm
When your talking nukes....accuracy isn't that important....close is good enough. I'm hoping President Trump takes action against this dangerous this man-child

Even if they had a nuke small enough to put on the tip of a missile, their missiles are junk and either blow up on the launch pad, or wander aimlessly into the ocean.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
and can reach the 24 million people living around Seoul.

I am more worried about 24 million in the U.S.

We have thousands of military and their dependents stationed over there. South Korea is an ally so any loss of life regardless of race is not something most people look forward too.

Let's hope for the best here.

Maybe someone in the know in our military knows how accurate the N.K. missiles are, or maybe they don't, I do not know. N.K. could be buying their missiles from someone who makes quite accurate systems, or they could be making their own that are junk, I do not know.

One thing I do know is that when you look at N.K. at night from a satellite only the N.K. government locations have electric lights. It is a no brainier about where we would retaliate in the event that N.K. is foolish enough to start something serious. Just target every location in N.K. that show up as having electric lights at night.

Last edited:
The US should have withdrawn all troops 20 years ago. South Korea is richer with a much better military. Our presence has perpetuated the problem.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
I believe we are there at the behest of the So Korea government.

We are there to protect the Hyundai and Kia factory.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
It is time. It's going to hit the fan bad but I think it is time and something major league is going to go down.

I have that feeling as well.....

Me too.

Japan is the one that's all worked up and wanting to fight. Japan is itching to go nuclear on North Korea. I am thinking this is why little countries really shouldn't have nuclear weapons.
I say if Japan wants North Korea let Japan go pick a fight with North Korea if North Korea decides to start shelling South Korea because of Japan where are troops are then that would be bad for North Korea. I am pretty confident they could silence that artillery really fast with what the United States has. China is definitely stirring the pot which is stupid because we have quite a credit card bill with them that we could just blow off and they couldn't do anything about it.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
The US should have withdrawn all troops 20 years ago. South Korea is richer with a much better military. Our presence has perpetuated the problem.

The U.S. military presence there is a mere token. If anything it lessons the pressure on Soeul as it continues to increase its defensive capabilities. Also we keep an ever expanding China in check. South Korea, Japan, Tawian, Vietnam, India, Signapore, and a few others prefer a United States influence over the Chinese in The region. The United States is not the catalyst nor is it the cause of the world's provlems.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
and can reach the 24 million people living around Seoul.

I am more worried about 24 million in the U.S.

'Murica first!

Originally Posted By: pbm
I believe that China could reign in FATSO anytime they wanted to....I think China is playing games....

Of course they are and so is everyone else. Making political hay while the issue is out front ... What do you expect ...

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: rshaw125

The U.S. military presence there is a mere token. If anything it lessons the pressure on Soeul as it continues to increase its defensive capabilities. Also we keep an ever expanding China in check. South Korea, Japan, Tawian, Vietnam, India, Signapore, and a few others prefer a United States influence over the Chinese in The region. The United States is not the catalyst nor is it the cause of the world's provlems.

Technically, the war never ended. This has been a very long Cease Fire but no one has surrendered.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
It needs to get to the point where China has no choice but to step in.

I agree with this.
China, north korea's largest trading partner by far , needs to get serious.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I thought we or South Korea or Japan were going to shoot down any misses flying over Japan?

Well they appear to be self-shooting-down...
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
It needs to get to the point where China has no choice but to step in.

I agree with this.
China, north korea's largest trading partner by far , needs to get serious.

The Chinese have exerted pressure on N. Korea. But at the same time, they realize that a rapid collapse of the N. Korean regime means they inherit millions of starving Koreans overrunning their border in far greater numbers than they already have. Not to mention a war with the possibility of massive casualties fought on their borders and all of the fallout associated, both literally and figuratively. I can understand why they're not too excited to just pull the plug...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back