Non smooth running oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a 2010 Silverado 5.3 and I been using Pennz Platinum with a Wix filter since the first oil change up until the last oil change when I switched to Mobil 1 EP. I have noticed no difference in the way the engine idles, the engine sounds the same and the oil pressure is the same. As far as I'm concerned, there is not much of a difference in the oils from reputable oil suppliers.

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I'm not sure about non smooth oils,but Pennzoil of any flavor is the smoothest running oil I've ever used,in every car I've owned.

Wait a cotton pickin second: you're a CASTROL GTX addict; evidence is the GTX UOA
wink.gif

BUSTED! LOL :^)

Haha I definitely have to agree with you there
laugh.gif
,since my Pennzoil Platinum UOA had gotten lost in the mail
frown.gif

I guess sort've a side to side comparison. My brother and his wife both drive 2.4 '07 Accords. He uses VWB in his and she always gets QSGB in hers. Hers definitely runs smoother. Is it the oil? Her car even has higher mileage. I know Pennzoil definitely runs smoother than Valvoline in the Mustang (4.0 V6). High moly oils always seem to be really smooth and quiet.

My 2012 Hyundai ran smooth on Redline 5w30 or Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 w MoS2 and Motor Oil Saver @ 100mL of each additive in filter. Now running in heat of summer in my R18 Civic a 1:1 of PUP 0w20/5w20 with Fram Ultra filter filled with Lubegard Biotech q fill prn.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I guess sort've a side to side comparison. My brother and his wife both drive 2.4 '07 Accords. He uses VWB in his and she always gets QSGB in hers. Hers definitely runs smoother. Is it the oil? Her car even has higher mileage. I know Pennzoil definitely runs smoother than Valvoline in the Mustang (4.0 V6). High moly oils always seem to be really smooth and quiet.

I agree ... It has been my experience that SOPUS oils are very quiet, smooth-running oils.

I've ran Mobil, Castrol, Valvoline, Pennzoil, Kendall, Quaker State, Havoline, Shell, Supertech and others I've forgotten and I've never noticed any difference in driving or engine noise among any of the oils across many vehicles.

It seems my butt dyno sensitivity for oil-related NVH is inversely related to the price of the oil purchased...but I do agree that SOPUS oils seem to run smoother/quieter. QSUD seems noticeably smoother in my application versus PP but I'm sure if that is actually true it would depend on the application as much as the oil.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
I think it really depends on the specific engine.

Agreed.

x3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back