New Years (2024) Resolutions

Never ever made a new years resolution. I guess I don't do commitment well.

With respect to becoming insulin sensitive I would have started a few weeks ago after last Dr appointment but with with family get togethers coming up Jan 1 or 2 seemed like a better idea.

At 70 and heading the wrong way with respect to blood glucose level and A1C I said to myself if not now then when?

At 86 years old on Feb 25th I plan on continuing with my Aqua Fitness class three times a week and lose 20 pounds somehow- I know GIGO. :))
I question if it's even possible to lose weight without having some medical condition at that age. It seems to somehow get exponentially more difficult to lose weight as one ages.

I intend to be more frank when I tell people what I really think.
IMG_1935.jpg

Never to make any New Year resolutions. If one was serious about change for the better, they wouldn't wait till New Years to initiate it.

1. Lose weight, currently a work in progress but I started at 305 and I’m down to 280. My goal is under 250, ideally probably around 220-230.

2. Go skydiving, which I need to be under 250lbs for. Also I’ve never been on a plane before, so what better way to go flying than to also jump out of it?

3. Work less to spend more time with my wife and kids.

I am inheriting some money in a few months. My related resolutions are:

1. To fund 529 education plans for some kids I know that could use a break.

2. Pay off my car loan and any other debts to zero, and keep them that way.

3. To finally pave a part of my car parking area, and install a storage shed so my garage is not so overcrowded

4. Unload some personal possessions I rarely use

5. To drive my Corvette more.

I don't really do resolutions, but I will continue to help improve myself. Co-workers nagged me into eating healthier and get to the doctor. Was down over 8lbs in 4 weeks just by eating better and blood pressure has finally came down to almost perfect with a small dose medication. Doctor was very happy with my 1 month progress and thinks she can take me off the blood pressure meds if I keep eating better. Been a struggle that's for sure, especially doing this around the holidays!

Back